CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

my bike is destroyed..

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my bike is destroyed..

sooo after all the effort and energy spent into getting the tank painted, changing the oil, and properly placing the fairings back on my bike got dumped..

a friend of mine who always helped me purchase every bike i've owned and has ridden all of my bikes in the past laid this one down.. he was someone i trusted and has many years of experience BUT he made a bad choice and down he went.. he is ok thankfully and surprisingly..

i saw him rip out of the parking lot onto the street. i noticed someone cut him off from a side street and at the point he had no choice but to pull in the brake a little quicker than normal, tires were cold, the street was cold and i guess thats all it took at the speed he was going (maybe 35-45)..

its pretty much destroyed - not worth fixing..

oh well...

Old 04-02-2011, 10:42 PM

Sorry to hear it bro, that sucks

Old 04-02-2011, 11:15 PM
August 2011 ROTM

You gotta look at it like an open opportunity for better deal on next bike!! And you still got 600rr

Old 04-03-2011, 01:35 AM

That suck's.Is anything left

Old 04-03-2011, 10:47 AM

Wow sorry to hear that man. Good news that your friend is ok. Hopefully insurance money will cover it and you can get a new bike!

Old 04-03-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
You gotta look at it like an open opportunity for better deal on next bike!! And you still got 600rr
LOL, i sold that 600rr almost a year and a half ago, i just never updated my signature..

there are a few good pieces remaining and fully in tact. another friend is going to buy whats left of it for $800.. that leaves about 3200 left for my friend to repay.. no insurance involved, i didnt have a policy in force but either way i wouldn't have carried the proper coverage that would've reimbursed me for the bike..

hopefully, i'll get to something else within the next few months..

Old 04-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dachamp312
LOL, i sold that 600rr almost a year and a half ago, i just never updated my signature..

there are a few good pieces remaining and fully in tact. another friend is going to buy whats left of it for $800.. that leaves about 3200 left for my friend to repay.. no insurance involved, i didnt have a policy in force but either way i wouldn't have carried the proper coverage that would've reimbursed me for the bike..

hopefully, i'll get to something else within the next few months..
Sorry to hear the bad news.

If the motor is still good its worth $800 alone. There has to be other parts that you are able to sell. I would part it out and sell everything you can to put towards another bike or fix it. Don't give someone else a great deal while you are taking a loss. What condition are the motor, radiator, wheels, frame, forks, swingarm? As long as the major parts are ok the rest can be found fairly cheap. You may be suprised on how easy you could fix this bike. There are alot of bikes being parted out on Ebay so you could find anything you need.

I hope you have an honest friend. I have seen this happen before and it usually ends up in civil court because the friend says he will pay but never does. When you get your next bike dont let anyone ride it. Does he own a motorcycle?

Old 04-03-2011, 10:48 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I agree with backdoc. Even between friends, make an agreement for him to pay you on the paper.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:34 PM

i had 3 people check it out already. 2 of which said it would be unsafe if repaired anyway. the one guy actually wanted to take it back to his shop to take a closer look under the lift. i didn't want to bother with having him come pick it up then look at it. plus, it wasn't going to be looked at for free. the other mechanic said he wouldn't bother repairing it due to saftey issues, and mentioned something about the engine casing.

nonetheless, i don't want it repaired. it would be more difficult to sell later. i'd rather ditch it for the $800 and recoup the rest from the guy that crashed it.
i don't want to deal with the part out especially if i'm getting most of the money from the guy who crashed it. no he doesn't own his own, he's very experienced with riding though, just had a bad day i guess, a costly bad day.

the rear tire is good, the tank is good, swingarm i believe is ok. frame is decent. the entire front side is not - fork is cracked, one of the headers has a pretty bad ding in it, headlights are done for, front rim is done for, it leaked all the oil, all the antifreeze. i ran oil thru it and it started right up tho (which was interesting)

THAT'S GREAT ADVICE, i will get a written contract prepared and notarized just in case. i have a few things working for me, one- is that he isnt going anywhere because he works for my uncle at my uncle's pizza shop. he isn't qualified to work anywhere else or do anything else. i know it sounds shallow of me to say but its the truth. i can try to get him to agree to pay part of his paycheck directly to me which would be great. also, he is terrified of my uncle, terrified of my dad, and also terrified of me. he knows that he would have too many people after him if i don't get my money and he's not that dumb to challenge that.. so, i have a bit of confidence i'll get the money back. i will get that contract written up just in case - stating part of his paycheck will come directly to me..

thanks!

Last edited by dachamp312; 04-03-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:32 PM

Post some pics!

good luck getting any money from your friend. You'd have to be immediate family to ride my bike.

Quick Reply: my bike is destroyed..