F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Sliders HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sliders HELP

hello everyone.
I'm a new owner of a 2006 CBR 600 F4i.
bought it from a friend. he never used it, i mean never. it has less then 10K on it and its an 06 !!
so me, being a new rider (less then 2 years of riding time) I'm worried about crashes. so sliders come into question.
i already got a set of rear spool sliders, they went in easily, the front ones were a bit tricky but still manged to get them done. the handle bars were a bit more work but they are also in.

so now frame / faring sliders.

the dealer wants to sell me the ones you got a cut a 1 1/4 inch hole in the faring. i guess it would be good but I'm not that talented and i know it will come out looking like crap.

are there any other solutions for this? i know 'no cuts' are weaker but do they exist? where can i get them? would the RR 's fit the F4i? i can find tons of no cut RR ones online.

thanks

Old 03-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off there is a thread here that someone used no-cut sliders and the bike fell over from a stand still and the sliders pushed into the engine and caused major engine damage.
As 99% of people here will tell you stay far away from no cut sliders.

The cut sliders are the way to go with these bikes.

The main way I have seen is put playdough on the inside of your fairing andpush it to where it goes and when you remove it the imprint for your sliders will bee in the playdough and you can cut accordingly.
You can clean up your cut as well with some automotive trim wrapped around to give it a clean look.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:39 AM

really? wow, where is this link? i didn't think they were that weak.
people do say not to use them for racing and what not but i will be using it for small rides and maybe going to work.

and its not the actual placement I'm worried about. its the cutting part.
i just don't think i can get a large cut look that clean. with a hole saw or dremel or what ever.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:01 AM

You think your friend never really rode his 06? Ha! I bought my 06 with only 1400 miles on it. Talk about not riding it! I bought it in Oct and have already put on another 1800 miles on just these few months alone.

Definitely stay away from no-cut sliders. Their placement doesn't really help the bike in a fall. You're going to want to use ones that actually attach to your frame and yes, you'll have to cut the fairings up. If you have access to a Dremil tool, use it! You can slowly make the circle bigger so you won't **** it up.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrHEX
really? wow, where is this link? i didn't think they were that weak.
https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...orning-118621/

Originally Posted by MrHEX
people do say not to use them for racing and what not but i will be using it for small rides and maybe going to work.

and its not the actual placement I'm worried about. its the cutting part.
i just don't think i can get a large cut look that clean. with a hole saw or dremel or what ever.
Definitely don't use a dremel. A hole saw will do the job and maybe a dremel if you have to touch it up at all. Automotive trim wrapped around the hole will give it a clean look if you happen to make any mistakes as well.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Use a 1-3/4 hole saw bit for perfect fitment.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:10 PM

thanks guys
so it looks like i have to get it together and just cut away then.
any good DIY's out there? pics would help HUGE.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Search function: search words - "frame sliders" in How To Mechanical section. Will give you a list of some installs.

Additionally, you can widen your search by just putting in - "frame sliders" for everything...& you'll get everything.