F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

No cut sliders vs regular sliders

Old 04-10-2009, 03:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No cut sliders vs regular sliders

Hello everyone. I want to get some sliders but I dont want to make a hole in the frame. Are no cut sliders any less effective than regular sliders? Thanks.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 AM

sorry if there are many typos kuz im typing this druink...lol

there are advantanges to no cut frame sliders and "regular" sliders... the no cut sliders are just as is, they dont require thar you cut through your fairings, they attach t your engine mount boult, and then slide down and extend out....if you think of the no cut frame sliders as an L shape...the tip of the L as the part where it mounts to your engine mount bolt, and the base of the L where it extends out past your fairings...basically with a no cut frame sliders, you dont have to go through the trouble of cutting through your sliders. but from what ive heard with the no cut frame sliders is that they snap easily because they have no leaverage (hench no mount to the engine frame), all they do is extend from the engine mount bolt and then extend out from an L shape).

long sotyr short, i would ask around. ask around your local parts dealer about certain frame sliders.

is there a certain frame slider company that you're interested in, like vortex or shogun?

rembemer, frame sliders are meant to protect your frames, hence the name FRAME SLIDERS, not your fairings or exhaust and anything else, (since your frame is the most important part of your bike)....

but dont mind me, i'm typing this while i am drunk....and im surprised there aren't that many typo errors....lol

Old 04-10-2009, 04:42 AM
July 2008 ROTM

YES, no-cut sliders are less effective than normal sliders. More often than not they will break in a crash situation, and may cause more damage than if they weren't there at all.

Spend the extra money, cut the hole in the fairing and protect your bike. That's my opinion.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:11 AM

There has been a lot of posts about this recently and from what I have read, there is no way I will put no cuts near my bike. Too many people have had catosrophic damage while trying to save their fairings (from not cutting them). Take the extra time and do the cuts. That's my plan just seems like a better investment then saving some time and plastic.

Also there are a million how-to's about installing cut frame sliders all over the internet specific to the F4i's

Old 04-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do the cuts n do it right the first tyme.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Default frame sliders

I have a pir of frame sliders for sale for cheap. i bought them and then chickend out about cutting the holes, If any one is intrested get a hold of me. and as far as the no cut sliders u should cut the holes or just dont do it at all.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone. Im going to save up some money and hire a pro for the sliders since Im not very "handy". Aken told me last time to get some vortex or wood something so I'll probaly go with one of those two but i'll take a look at shoguns also. The dealer i go to always has some in stock.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:37 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Vortex and Woodcraft are the two best / most popular brands. You could do the sliders yourself, or at least with the assistance of a more handy friend. Don't really need to "hire" anyone. Just take your time.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:10 PM

Yeah, take your time and do it right. Don't just measure once, but measure a few times. Be patient during the process, or else something will go wrong.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:43 PM

well..... i guess i can try. Can you guys be my "handy" friends? hahaha. i'll try to do it when summer comes, when i have no class.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No cut sliders vs regular sliders