F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Security System or Comprehensive Coverage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

through the frame, you can take tires off. but you can always cut a chain

Old 05-01-2011, 09:55 PM

Yeah, through the frame is the only way to go. Although unlikely, if someone really wanted your bike and had some time they could take the wheel off and there goes your bike. If you put it through the frame they have to cut the cable or cut the frame.

DO NOT put it where the subframe connects to the frame, however

Old 05-01-2011, 10:53 PM

the frame is the silver parts of the bike?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:55 PM

I put mine through the frame, will post pics tomorrow for you.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Default Scorpio 600i

Installed my alarm this weekend and it's a nice little piece. The perimeter alarm is almost junk if you park near other people (like shared carports or parking lots) You have to almost be right on top of the bike before it triggers or if you make it too sensitive, it triggers by anything within a 2 foot radius around the bike. You can however arm the alarm with or without the perimeter turned on so it's all preference.

Install was straight forward, I bought the 20 dollar kit to make my life easier and it just clips into the rear lights for your visuals. Hook up to the battery and plug her in.

The two way pager is surprisingly strong. My carport is behind my neighbors back yard. So the signal has to go through a solid wall, a wooden fence, then my slider/walls. I can get the signal from it all the way in my living room or my spare room with no problem.

Between insurance and this alarm, I'm fairly confident about leaving it out over night. I wish I could keep it in my backyard like the old one, but it's easier not to and now I'm not worried about waking up and my bike being gone.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:13 PM

Scenario...the alarm goes off in the middle of the night. Then what? You jump out of bed and maybe get there in time to see them drive off with the bike? Probably in a stolen van/truck. Even if you do get there before they get away, how will you stop them? This just sounds like it is going to create more problems than it will solve for you.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:16 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greenc51
so no one can tell me where to strap the chain to in order to provide the best protection?

on the door to the garage

Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by F34Me?
Scenario...the alarm goes off in the middle of the night. Then what? You jump out of bed and maybe get there in time to see them drive off with the bike? Probably in a stolen van/truck. Even if you do get there before they get away, how will you stop them? This just sounds like it is going to create more problems than it will solve for you.
It's a two way pager system alarm so the pager goes off the minute they trigger the perimeter sensor. The alarm itself goes off the minute they move the bike (shock and tilt sensors) Then I'm out the door and in my carport with a baseball bat in less than 20 seconds (out the back door, out my gate, make a right, and there's my carport)

For me, it works out. I have plenty of time to get outside before they make off with the bike. Not to mention the alarm is incredibly stupid loud, so they'll be noticed. The perimeter sensor prevents them from getting the seats off to cut wires before it starts getting loud, they'd never have enough time.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by dveldtf4i
It's a two way pager system alarm so the pager goes off the minute they trigger the perimeter sensor. The alarm itself goes off the minute they move the bike (shock and tilt sensors) Then I'm out the door and in my carport with a baseball bat in less than 20 seconds (out the back door, out my gate, make a right, and there's my carport)

For me, it works out. I have plenty of time to get outside before they make off with the bike. Not to mention the alarm is incredibly stupid loud, so they'll be noticed. The perimeter sensor prevents them from getting the seats off to cut wires before it starts getting loud, they'd never have enough time.
I know alarm will not prevent your bike from being stolen, but it will be much harder and much more noticeable to do it. They will probably pick other bikes that are easier to steal. Unless someone really really wants YOUR bike. Then they will do whatever it takes to do it. My perimeter sensor irritate some people, but I like it chips even when someone is opening their car door too close.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:35 PM

Ha! When they put a bullet in your head or just beat you with your own bat for fun, you are gonna look really stupid!

Let me guess... you are 19-20 and grew up in a small town where criminals are the people who steal lipstick from WalMart or smoke pot at a concert?

The majority of the people out there jacking bikes for chop shops are tweaked out meth addicts doing whatever it takes to get the next fix and they don't give a **** what happens to them or you! It is a recipe for disaster and dangerous as hell to go after one with a bat. But it is your life man... best of luck to you!

Quick Reply: Security System or Comprehensive Coverage?