F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Restricting my 06 F4i...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Throttle restriction like the one shown shouldn't affect the bike I'd think. On carbed bikes they restrict the intakes on the carbs, which I'm pretty sure plays hell with the A/F mix. In both cases, you'll prolly need new plugs at the end of 4 years

Can you get caught? Prolly not unless you wreck. If you wreck and it's your fault, they're gonna tear the bike apart and discover that it wasn't restricted. That will add liability on your part, prolly negating your insurance and leaving you completely liable.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zero and Kuroshio, Both good comments.

I really dont want to get caught though because then I'm stuffed.

Kuroshio, did you get the private message I sent you regarding your alarm system?

Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM

i do live in the uk and i know plenty of ppl that have restricted bikes most of the 400cc the bike will still rev and should be able to crack ove 100mph its the accel that is more affected than the top end speed. if you get a tug from a bike cop then he will be up on the restricton points for your bike but a normal officer wont be so up on it and if they even suspect that your not restricted they have to powers to take the bike and dyno it not just if you crash it as you are breaking the law and terms of your license leave them in for 2 years learn to ride the bike in the twistys it will still go then after the two years you will have the knowlage and experience of 2 years riding and then have the power gain to put with the riding experience.. where about in the uk are you im based in kent

Old 12-28-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by gissmo50
i do live in the uk and i know plenty of ppl that have restricted bikes most of the 400cc the bike will still rev and should be able to crack ove 100mph its the accel that is more affected than the top end speed. if you get a tug from a bike cop then he will be up on the restricton points for your bike but a normal officer wont be so up on it and if they even suspect that your not restricted they have to powers to take the bike and dyno it not just if you crash it as you are breaking the law and terms of your license leave them in for 2 years learn to ride the bike in the twistys it will still go then after the two years you will have the knowlage and experience of 2 years riding and then have the power gain to put with the riding experience.. where about in the uk are you im based in kent
This type of gov control and over-regulation is coming the USofA. In fact it is already here, it takes time for the bureaucrats to ramp up the mechanical part is why some here dont recognize the impending disaster that has already befallen the UK and Europe.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by MitchA
This type of gov control and over-regulation is coming the USofA. In fact it is already here, it takes time for the bureaucrats to ramp up the mechanical part is why some here dont recognize the impending disaster that has already befallen the UK and Europe.
Riding is a privilege, not a right.

And a bit of US Law: the Right of free transportation, the ability to go where and when you please, can already be suspended. Definitely by the President, probably by Congress and maybe even by the state's govenor

Old 12-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a tiered license system isnt a bad idea. It would prevent thousands of iggits from starting out on bikes they have no business on to start off with. Yea, yea, I know a ot of you will say I started on a ****cc and did just fine, but can you really ride? or just go fast? Thats only about 1% of riders tho, the other 99% crash or worse within the first year.

now back to the Op, only way to really restrict a bike would be install a governor on it.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:27 PM

gissmo, I'm from grimsby in lincolnshire.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:55 PM

Playful, it's a good idea, however how many people would it deter? Getting a motorcycle license is already a catch 22, so just by doing that they're further pushing people to break the law.

I rode for at least two months without my legal license once I got my bike, and was only a $75 dollar issue once of a 6 mph over speeding ticket.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by gissmo50
What I'm saying in addendum to my first statement is the idea is that you won't ride like an asshat if you're daring to go unrestricted. I could probably ride a 250cc and be completely satisfied in terms of "learning and being able to ride" however, the fun factor is nonexistent IMO.

And if a cop ever said "I'm arresting you, impounding your bike, and going to have it tested" I'd be more worried about what I did to get him to say that than the validity of his threat.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:28 PM

Depends on the consequence, Zero. Every summer, Philly PD impounds and sells a chitload of four wheelers & dirt bikes for being ridden on the streets. If they did the same with bikers, it might make a dent.

Least we'd get some great deals at the auctions on bikes

edit: just checked the PPA auction listing. There's an 02 Honda CBR on the block tomorrow. But its the unclaimed vehicle listing so no telling what condition it's in

Last edited by Kuroshio; 12-28-2010 at 10:31 PM.