F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

rearsets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rearsets?

I go to The Dragon and Deals gap a lot, especially since I got my cbr and I've run into a problem. Now I'm getting so low I often will scrape the bottom of my pegs, which always startles me and throws me off quite a bit. A couple of times it startles me enough to almost lose control of the bike. Somebody suggested getting woodcraft rearsets and it'll raise the pegs about an inch. My question is- Is that 1" raise on the bike going to give any significant clearance? I just want to be sure before I fork up $220

Old 06-14-2012, 03:50 AM

Spend that $220 on a track day or two. Getting that low on public roads? too risky with all the retarded drivers on the road plus the blind corners, rocks, animals. etc

Old 06-14-2012, 06:09 AM
Old 06-14-2012, 08:16 AM
June 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 06-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After you swap your rearsets the next thing to drag might be your kickstand. Like the other guy said, Track days for sure.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 96shox
Getting that low on public roads? too risky with all the retarded drivers on the road plus the blind corners, rocks, animals. etc
You can drag knee starting from a stop making a right turn at a stoplight, stop being so righteous.

OP- yes the 1" makes a difference and as has been said already get riser plates instead of spending big money on rearsets. I scraped my stock pegs so much I broke both feeler bolts off. With riser plates I would hardly scrape at the track, with riser plates and the feeler bolts removed you won't scrape at all.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:40 PM

Well I just noticed that I've broken off the left side feeler bolt between now and last month some time haha

I should be at Carolina Motorsports park with STT next month, and then Road Atlanta in August.

When I scraped the right feeler bolt yesterday, I thought I was going down for sure. I'm definitely gonna get those riser plates, I didn't know they existed- I really don't care if my bike looks 'boss' or not. If I can figure out how to post some pictures of my last couple of rides, can I get some constructive criticizm (i.e. nobody telling me I am- dangerous, or don't know how to ride, should be in prison, too close to the yellow line, too far away from the yellow line. I already know that stuff) on body positioning?

Old 06-14-2012, 09:26 PM

Have to see your body position to let you know what to improve.

FWIW, the footpegs on this bike are stupid low. I would scrape my trackbike rearsets even with the risers on there.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:04 PM

haha the pic where the bike headlights are facing right at the camera is the last ride I did, you can see my right-side feeler bolt is ripped off from the scrape i was taking about earlier. Also, I don't have the T-rex no cut sliders anymore (last three pics are old)

Attached Thumbnails rearsets?-lasdkf.jpg   rearsets?-pic-2.jpg   rearsets?-pic-4.jpg   rearsets?-pic1.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012, 08:14 AM
June 2012 Ride of the Month

Wish I lived closer to Deals Gap and the Dragon Tail. Going to have to take a vacation there one of these days.

Quick Reply: rearsets?