F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

rearsets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawgibbs
Your upper body is to upright. Get your head down and over more. On the track without mirrors you should be looking thru where your mirror was which may be a big reason why you're so upright. If you lean your upper body over more the bike can be stood up higher reducing the peg grinding. Either way a new set of rearsets or relocating them will help but changing your body position will help prevent washing the front tire out or kicking the back tire when hard parts scrape
If you can tell from the pics, the bike had been lowered two inches, and because the previous owner had stripped out the bottom bolt on the link, I was only able to change the dogbone. I drilled through the stripped nut last night and put the stock link on, so im hoping that extra 1"-.5" will make a difference.

I got bar end mirrors on order, so that will fix that. Are you saying that by leaning off the bike, it tightens your cornering. As in, if you your weight is on one side of the bike it will cause it to turn tighter in that direction without the bike being leaned over? did not know that. I was under the impression that dragging a knee was simply to better judge "feel" the corner, because it helps me to. Where do you have your inside foot positioned when you are going into a turn? I had to put it flat on the heelguard to reduce scraping friction on my footpeg, and I have a feeling that is wrong. if you can show me a picture, it would help a lot.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by City Bike Racing
Wish I lived closer to Deals Gap and the Dragon Tail. Going to have to take a vacation there one of these days.
Pm me when you do, Ill come ride with ya

Old 06-15-2012, 11:48 PM

Yep, you need to move your upper body into the turn more. On the second picture (camera behind you) you can see the crease in your suit on the right that shows your lower body is further off the bike than your upper body.

Foot positioning is mostly personal choice, aside from keeping the ***** of your feet on the peg. I'll position my toe towards the turn, and rest my heel against the heel guard.

Video I made on body positioning: