F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Raising the backend

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raising the backend

I know a lot of people lower their bikes but does anyone know of a place that sells a kit to raise the bike ? It looks like my 06 has 1 piece that will lower the bike - and I was wondering if I tried another make or model - if it would fit - would be able to raise the back ... anyone ever try something like this ? or am i crazy to raise the back. I'm only looking to go up an inch or two .. thanks...

Old 01-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Default RE: Raising the backend

ORIGINAL: Stitches

I know a lot of people lower their bikes but does anyone know of a place that sells a kit to raise the bike ? It looks like my 06 has 1 piece that will lower the bike - and I was wondering if I tried another make or model - if it would fit - would be able to raise the back ... anyone ever try something like this ? or am i crazy to raise the back. I'm only looking to go up an inch or two .. would keep the popo off my butt - cause he said he cant see my plate when he gave me a warning ... thanks...
cops will always warn you about your plate....its dirty......i can't see it.....its bent.......thats not dot approved......ive heard it all.......

my advice, put your plate somewhere else that is visible......imo, ya don't take factory tuned suspension and go mess with it with lowering links ect. Suspension can be adjusted to ride well and corner better, but to slam it to the ground or raise the *** end an inch is just gona cause problems.....

don't mean to sound like a dick, just my advice, I am just not a fan of changing the ride height of a bike with aftermarket parts.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:51 AM

sounds like such a complex solution for such a simple problem.

just relocate the plate! you will be set.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:01 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm only looking to go up an inch or two... cause he said he can't see my plate
That reminds me of that old joke ~
Q: How many ____ does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Three. One to hold the light bulb and two to spin him around.

[sm=joke.gif]

Old 01-16-2009, 09:49 AM

All I'm looking to do is raise the back end - if you can see the plate better that's a bonus - but I'm not looking to do it because of the plate issue. I like the way it looks.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aftermarket suspension.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:38 PM

Dude I wouldnt try **** like that unless you dont care about the bikes performance. Little changes can make a big impact on how your bike handles.
________
ROLL BLUNTS

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:03 PM

All you have to do is take the tank off , take the nut of that holds the rear shock and put a washer or 2 on. Use loctight when u go to put it back . It will effect the way the bike rides. hope this helps

Old 01-17-2009, 09:01 PM
June 2011 ROTM

ORIGINAL: F4iMane

Dude I wouldnt try **** like that unless you dont care about the bikes performance. Little changes can make a big impact on how your bike handles.
Id rather look less cool with all my skin attached to my body

Old 01-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys do realize that the handling of your bike has been dumbed down FROM THE FACTORY!!!

I'm willing to bet that he weights more that the 145 or so lbs that the test rider was when the bike was developed. Raising the rear of the bike may put him closer to the proper geometry that he should have.

Additionally, no one asked him what kind of tires he was wearing. That will also give clues at to where his geometry should be at. Case in point:
I recently began to notice a change in my handling and yesterday saw that the center of my rear tire was beginning to flatten (Michelin PPs). That is enough to change the geometry and alter the handling of the triangulated profile of the PPs. To restore some of the handling will require me to raise the backend of my bike. It's simple with my Ohlins shock and I have options on how to do it.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Raising the backend