F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Question about integrated tail light fitment

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010 | 04:10 PM
|
Default Question about integrated tail light fitment

Hello everyone,

I have an 04 F4i. I am about to make a purchase for an integrated tail light and I am wondering for those of you who have one, where did you purchase yours from and how much did it cost?

I've looked at this one: LINK. For this one, I don't mind the price, but it just doesn't sit well with me that shipping is a whopping $20.00 to my zip code.

Here is another one: LINK. This one is fine too and shipping is only $9.00. I have used this vendor before and haven't had any problems with them in the past.

Just wondering which may be better (if there is any difference).

Thanks for your help. (Hopefully, I am not breaking any rules by posting the items. The first tail light is from an advertised vendor on this website. The second, well, its Ebay!).

Last edited by supersnake83; 03-14-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-14-2010 | 04:29 PM
July 2010 ROTM

hey i got a volar one off ebay-it looks exaclty like both both of those, it was about 40-50 shipped off ebay. no too much. just so u know u have to play with the adjustment to get it to look right, but it is possible and once you get it it stays. mine came with NO directions whatsoever-if u need help hooking it up lmk its not hard but for me it just blew my mind until i had it explained to me. lol
the stock tailight has some extra tabs that this one doesnt that helps it align better. but its nothing serious. id say get the cheaper one. also one more thing, if youre worried about visibilty with the turn signals do not use the intergrated ones. you can see them fine at night but when its bright and sunny you cannt at all but u can see the taillight just fine.

if im not making any sense lmk and ill try to explain better

Old 03-14-2010 | 04:49 PM

Go to D2moto.com they have that first one for 39.99 there shipping is like 10 but they have coupon coder EVERYWHERE. PM me if you cant find one.

Old 03-14-2010 | 07:06 PM

+1 on D2 ...just ordered a smoke tail light w/ sigs from them...will be here tomorrow and ordered on friday...Fast shipping...plus the benefit of coupon codes

Old 03-14-2010 | 08:03 PM
|

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I've used D2moto as well before. I had to buy a lot of small parts for when I went down last year. As funny as it sound, I used to get their promo emails and I recently (about 3 months ago) unsubscribed. I used to get codes all the time. I just forgot about them.

I just ordered the tail light and got 25% off. The tail light, discount and ground shipping with insurance came to 42.00.

Thanks.

Old 03-14-2010 | 09:54 PM

Sweet no problem

Old 03-15-2010 | 07:19 PM

D2moto seems to have the best prices on anything but I wont trust another volar product. I ordered one off of eBay and right on the install one of the wires came off the circuit board. Sent it back went with clear alternatives. But it seems the rest of you in this thread had better luck with yours.

Old 03-15-2010 | 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by xjoewhitex
D2moto seems to have the best prices on anything but I wont trust another volar product. I ordered one off of eBay and right on the install one of the wires came off the circuit board. Sent it back went with clear alternatives. But it seems the rest of you in this thread had better luck with yours.
I have a volar and ordered it off ebay from D2moto. When I received it the resistor broke off the circuit board and left a hole in it. Emailed them up and they sent another right out, didn't have to return the other one. The second one came in and havent had a problem with it. Even after I had to zip tie it in since I was missing the mounting gromets for about a week.

Old 03-15-2010 | 07:27 PM

They just sent you another one? So they know their junk lol. I just didnt want to deal with it wrote them told them what happened and I wanted a refund. My ca seems to be so much higher quality I just felt better about it.

Old 03-15-2010 | 07:29 PM

Nah. They sent me another one because D2moto is a reputable company.

Quick Reply: Question about integrated tail light fitment