F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

quest about buying/selling from ppl from cbrforum

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quest about buying/selling from ppl from cbrforum

How do you guys and girls buy and sell stuff from people you meet from cbrforum.com. Might sound like a dumb question but just unsure what to do. I found somebody that has a part i need but i haven't heard from in a while, i have a phone # just haven't called yet. I don't know this person either. But anyway, if he still wants to sell how do i go about it? Do i pay for shipping? Do you ship COD incase the person takes the money and doesn't ship? I know not to send personal checks so i'll get a money order or certified check. Any else you guys can think of would be a great help.

thanks

Old 05-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Default RE: quest about buying/selling from ppl from cbrforum

I just joined the site when I bought my bike a couple weeks ago. Two days ago I bought a corbin seat off another member. Not an overly dramatic price. Little over a bill, but I just sucked it up, sent a paypal and hoped the seller would follow through. So far, it seems he has.

Now just because he's following through, doesn't mean all deals will go through as hoped. It's always a risk. Preferably, I always like to meet face to face for any large transactions. My two biggest risks were a turbo kit for an old car and a set of wheels for my 350z. Thankfully, both sellers kept their word and sent everything as described.

A piece of advice would be to make sure you get pictures of the actual item(s) being bought. If the seller can't provide, and you don't know them, don't buy. It's not going to cut the risk out, but it will definitely reduce it a majority of the time.

Hope I helped.

Russ

Old 05-22-2006, 02:23 AM
Default RE: quest about buying/selling from ppl from cbrforum

Go ahead and call. Paypal is the best way. I sell alot on ebay and paypal is the only means I will take payment or pay for items. If you ever get ripped off I am sure that person will be banned from selling on this site, but still be carefull. Have the person set up a auction on ebay with a buy it now for you if you are worried. But paypal protects everyone. If you pay for a item and they never send you it. Paypal will refund your money to you and then paypal goes after that person. I DON'T do money orders at all. If someone sends me a money order I would hold it for about 4-7 days for it to clear the bank before I shipped the item off. To much of a hassle. Get pictures fo what your gonna buy and if the person is honest they will tell you if anything is wrong with the item. But remember if you buy a item as is, and if there is anything wrong with it your out of luck. Paypal will not back you. if your gonna buy something from someone get there number and call them. Asked about the item and then set up a way for payment. Remember like me I sell things on the side and work a full time job. So if you have not heard from the person, call them. They could just be busy or wrapped up in there life lol. Hope that helps.