F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

power commander and performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power commander and performance

[quote]ORIGINAL: 99camarosupersport

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Factory-mappings are optimized on emissions, leaning the bike out in the rpm range where the emission measurements are taken to get the bike legal for road use...

A power commander makes the powerband smoother... live with it.
Maybe you are right, $1000 to make an $5000 bike smoother. That does make alot of sense considering your bike is worth less and less everyday. That is like taking a girl out to dinner AFTER you bang her. If you have $1000 to spend to make something smooother not really faster, then god bless...you make your money easier than I do.

I'd rather keep my money for the next bike. PCIII are for suckers.
While I personally don't like them, I won't say they are for suckers, while I think they are a waste regardless some people know how to use them and they serve their purpose.
If I'm going to spend a grand on something to make it smoother and faster, it's sure as hell not going to be an F4i. To each their own though.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:42 AM
Banned

Look man if you want to keep your bike stock thats fine but insulting people who have a different opinionis BS.
you are 100% right.

I should have said I would rather hather a stock bike and a LCD TV than just a stock bike.

Sorry for the 'suckers' term.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YAY...TAHOE SC IS A SUCKER!
who's with me on this...come on meng...join the sucker group!?!?!?!?

some people want ultimate performance...and you just can't do that with stock parts...hence...ecu management, aftermarket parts, suspension, etc...

engineers do not design for optimal...but that has been covered.

if i was riding my bike for show and tell at starbucks, then EM is the least of my worries...i'd bust angel eyes, HIDs, lots of bling looking parts, etc...

but for those who are looking for performance, you aren't going to get that without EM...until they have open source for bikes...looks like PC3 is the only way to go...

stock is good enough for show and tell...if you want to run with the fast guys...you'll need more than just stock...

disclaimer...tahoe sc has mods to run with the fast guys, but still is at the end of the slow guys pack...so it doesn't always work.

regardless...SUCKERS OF CBRFORUM UNITE!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 10:21 AM

IM A SUCKER TO THEN I AM JOINING THE PACK WITH YOU TAHOE!!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 10:56 AM

I'm a sucker and proud of it

Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 AM

Another sucker.....

Iscored aused PC3 off craigslist a couple of weeks ago for $150.00

Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 AM

i LIKE PERFORMANCE TOO and i has a pc. but the thing that improved performance most was a suspension, downgear, tires, ground clearance mods
and a good back protector, suit and boots. And the PC needed a tune.

For you people that arent experienced enough toutilize thepower that won the 2001 AMA Supersport class at Daytona, your bike enjoys an excellent fuel injection system as is.
Inthis article, Motorcycle Dailycalls the fuel injection "absolutely superb" and "sets a new standard in the class for smoothness and throttle response". Lots of bikes have bad mapping, like older Z1000, or less than smooth throttle response like any liter bike, or any carbed bike between synchs. Not the F4i.

Im a sucker too. I could have picked up a fully prepped race bike with a season of hard riding behind it for less than I've got in my F4i. But this way I've made the bike my own, done my own work, and enriched the whole experience. But before you spend your money you should have a good idea of what you are buying.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well...i got mines for 149.99 back in the day brand spanking new when K&N was trying to rid their stock of them...

so for that price...pretty good deal!

i've always thought the stock fuel map was jerky though...maybe i have less than superb throttle control.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 AM

I dont have good anything control, especially keyboard control.
OK I love your siggy

Old 04-16-2008, 11:41 AM

I picked mine up used last week for 110 shipped and that is a PCIII usb. And used means (6 months of use)

Quick Reply: power commander and performance