F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

power commander and performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power commander and performance

i have had my power commander on my 2006 f4i for about 3 weeks and i have been noticing allot of backfiring still. i downloaded the map from the dynojet website. its not as bad as before when i first put my rs3 slip on. is this normal.???????????????????????

Old 04-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Default RE: power commander and performance

Sounds like the bike is still running lean, you may need a richer fuel map. Can you call dynojet?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:20 PM

Gonna have some backfiring (aka popping) it happens after the cat is taken off.
A good dyno tune will fix a LOT of the issue but some popping will still be there.Part of the beast unless you get rid of the PAIR system..

Old 04-15-2008, 02:29 AM

PC's are more trouble than their worth unless you REALLY ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY know what you're doing in my experience. I know noone will agree with this statement, flame away....

Old 04-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 99camarosupersport

PC's are more trouble than their worth unless you REALLY ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY know what you're doing in my experience. I know noone will agree with this statement, flame away....
muhhahahahahhahah....

OTS maps are generic...you may pop, etc...but you'll be popping much less than if you didn't have any pc3 at all.

save up money for a dyno tune, or if you know what you're doing, richen up the fuel mixtures yourself...just save a base map in case you screw something up. i wouldn't do the latter unless you KNOW what your doing...

to the OP...i would just load up different maps and see which one feels (butt dyno)/sounds the best (as far as popping). just use a pipe that somewhat matches the spec on the RS3

Old 04-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Banned

PC's are more trouble than their worth
I agree 100%. PCIII, Slip on, air filter, dyno tune costs big money and gives you noise, and lower MPGin return. Even if you get 10HP with a full system, it costs about $120/HP and screws up your torque curve, that is really just a waste of money. These bikes ain't a 1970 Nova where a cam or a Holley would help, these are optimized, engineered systems from front to back. There is very little opportunities to make things better on these bikes without making HUGE changes.

Take that crap off and sell it on ebay. Let those clever little engineers at Honda do the thinking, you shouldjust enjoy the ride.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:48 AM

yea custom maps are allot of money maybe later on down the road how much of a difference would the KNN air filter make do u guys think?????? Should i contact power commander and see if they have any newer maps that would be closer to the year of my bike and would hopefully make a difference.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:57 AM

I have no power commander, and my '05 doesn't "pop" at all! Even after installing an Akrapovic slip on there was no "popping". If you are looking at a PCM to stop the popping, maybe you should look elsewhere. Did you buy the bike new, or has someone monkeyed around with it before you got it?

Old 04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fish- U surfing eBay tonight?

Old 04-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stock maps are crap...
OTS maps are less crappy for mod.
dyno maps great...until something changes, then they are little crappy.

Quick Reply: power commander and performance