F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

picking my f4i upsome sugestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picking my f4i upsome sugestions

hey guys
well finally im picking up my f4i tomory from the shop and its all stock now the first thing i wanted to do is put some frame sliders i loked at some and i think i am gonna modify my fairings even though i spend 2k for my paint job any frame sliders that could save me in a long rnn??????
?
and another thing is i want to clean the back throw out all that stock stuff lights licence plate holder any advice's on that??

thankx all maximus

Old 07-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Default RE: picking my f4i upsome sugestions

Congrats on the purchase! You've picked two good mods to do to your bike and there are lots of posts on the forum that pertain to this particular question. I would suggest that you do a search for "frame sliders" and "undertail". There have been alot of discussions on these. Good luck!

Old 07-28-2006, 04:23 PM

Def, get the frame sliders. DO NOT even think about the "no cut" sliders. They will break and F-up your bike anyway. I have a set of Shogun frame sliders and they work great. Ya, your ***** pull up into your stomach when you take a hole saw to your new bodywork, but it's all good in the end.

As far as the rear. I got a "pimpbike" undertail from eBay that used the stock taillight. If fit like ***, but I got it to work OK in the end, and it looks badass with my Clear Alternatives LED taillight. The signals are integrated into the LED's in the tail so that took care of them. Then I relocated the plate to the swingarm (probably not legal anywhere in the US) and wired up some Autozone LED's to light it. It looks great and works fine. Never been stopped for the plate, only stopped once for the taillight.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:42 PM

hey blackdog wanna give me a run down on how ya did the plate bracket and where ya ran the wires for the led's? huh,huh,pretty please. BTW sorry I hi-jacked your thread maximus.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:38 PM

The actual bracket is a 1" wide piece of aluminum bar stock (like 3/32" thick or so). I bent it into an exaggerated "question mark" shape. You drill a hole for the axle through the "tail" of the "question mark". Drill two holes for the plate in the "top" of the "question mark". Bolt the bracket onto the axle using the stock axle nut. Make sure the open end of the question mark is facing the swingarm. This prevents the bracket from being bent at 100+ mph. Bolt on the plate and you are done.

For the lights, I just bought a set of Autozone Riceboy LED's and stuck them on a piece of white plastic. I zip tied the plastic to the top of the plate. I ran the wires through some extra vacuum line that I had and zip tied it along the brake line. It looks pretty stock. I ran that up behind the rear master cylinder then up the inside of the subframe so it was hidden. You can tap into the stock license plate light leads anywhere you want. I ran mine all the way back to the taillight and used the stock license plate light connector into the stock harness (I hate butchering wiring).

One of these day's I am going to revamp the setup, but it does fine for now. For the finishing touch I painted the bracket and the back of the plate flat black. It has been "wind tunnel" tested to 150mph.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:20 PM

cool, thank you very much, thats what I had in mind but wasnt sure if you bought the bracket or made it.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Blackdog F4i
Never been stopped for the plate, only stopped once for the taillight.
Blackdog F4i,
I'm curious what the law issues were with the tail-lamp... Is the clear lens illegal?

Thanks,
-John

Old 07-29-2006, 12:07 AM

It was an officer who was unclear about the regulations.

The DOT Cert is stamped on the lens of the light. I really like it because the signals flash amber and are brighter than hell. They aren't dim like a lot of "trailer" integrators are.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:41 AM

I did a mod on my bike for the license plate. Instead of buying a elim kit, I took an angle grinder and cut it up higher, and just remounted my plate. I also put under lighting red LED's on it, I hard wired them from the battery, and put on a toggle switch, there are lights uner the rear seat, under the bike, in the engine fairings, and two lighting up my front fender, and then i put in two flashing red strobes, and they are toggled also. Another idea for you is to put on carbon fiber mirrors, carbon fiber clutch and brake levers. That will make you bike not look so stock, and the flush mount turn signals too. And another thing I did, was put on a Two Bros. racing slip on and that really made a big improvement on the not so stock exhaust.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:03 AM

i went with an eliminater and clear integrated tail lights

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/tk%20f4i%2004-05.htm
http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/t...2004%20int.htm