F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pic request: Guage Cluster

Old 09-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Default Pic request: Guage Cluster

Hate to ask, I searched a bit but came up with nothing. I have a swapped gauge cluster that doesn't show the fuel level on it and Iwas wondering what everyone else's gauges look like. Thanks.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:34 PM

The fuel level is never shown though. The gauge starts showing you only when you are running on reserve.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 PM

+1 to 2H...its only on when you're in reserve

Old 09-29-2009, 06:38 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

Anyone ever tried to make the fuel light in to a real fuel gauge? I hate having to track my miles on my bike. Kind of makes me a bit depressed as they continue to rack up. But then there is always time to upgrade. no i can't do it i won't do it. Bike goes i go.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:32 AM

that would be somewhat impossible...its microprocessor controlled.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:29 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by drunkinmist View Post
Anyone ever tried to make the fuel light in to a real fuel gauge? I hate having to track my miles on my bike. Kind of makes me a bit depressed as they continue to rack up. But then there is always time to upgrade. no i can't do it i won't do it. Bike goes i go.
What is so hard about tracking miles? It's called reset your trip meter each time you gas up. Easy peasy.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:14 PM

Thanks for the responses. I'm taking my bike safety class this weekend and I'm psyched. I have to learn everything about this bike before i ride it. That would be rather convenient to see an actual read out but I can live with using the trip meter.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:34 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

In that case, here's the Owner's Manual and the Service Manual

Old 09-30-2009, 07:24 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

Originally Posted by Aken View Post
What is so hard about tracking miles? It's called reset your trip meter each time you gas up. Easy peasy.
I just wish the trip meter wouldn't reset every 1000 miles. That would make it even better then i could track my oil changes better then having to look it up in my log book.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by drunkinmist View Post
I just wish the trip meter wouldn't reset every 1000 miles. That would make it even better then i could track my oil changes better then having to look it up in my log book.
it alot easier to just write down your mileage for the oil change since it happens alot less frequent than fillin up.
just reset you trip odo when you fill up, and anywhere between... idk 110-140 miles ur reserve will probably pop on... but even if you just ride til you fuel light pops on, you still have 20+ miles to get to a gas station

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pic request: Guage Cluster

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.