CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Pic request: Guage Cluster (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/pic-request-guage-cluster-101501/)

mclarenf1l 09-28-2009 01:09 PM

Pic request: Guage Cluster

Hate to ask, I searched a bit but came up with nothing. I have a swapped gauge cluster that doesn't show the fuel level on it and Iwas wondering what everyone else's gauges look like. Thanks.

2H company 09-28-2009 03:34 PM

The fuel level is never shown though. The gauge starts showing you only when you are running on reserve.

redzintimidator 09-28-2009 09:55 PM

+1 to 2H...its only on when you're in reserve

drunkinmist 09-29-2009 06:38 AM

Anyone ever tried to make the fuel light in to a real fuel gauge? I hate having to track my miles on my bike. Kind of makes me a bit depressed as they continue to rack up. :( But then there is always time to upgrade. :) no i can't do it i won't do it. Bike goes i go. :icon_lol:

redzintimidator 09-29-2009 08:32 AM

that would be somewhat impossible...its microprocessor controlled.

Aken 09-29-2009 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by drunkinmist (Post 842555)
Anyone ever tried to make the fuel light in to a real fuel gauge? I hate having to track my miles on my bike. Kind of makes me a bit depressed as they continue to rack up. :( But then there is always time to upgrade. :) no i can't do it i won't do it. Bike goes i go. :icon_lol:

What is so hard about tracking miles? It's called reset your trip meter each time you gas up. Easy peasy.

mclarenf1l 09-29-2009 11:14 PM

Thanks for the responses. I'm taking my bike safety class this weekend and I'm psyched. I have to learn everything about this bike before i ride it. That would be rather convenient to see an actual read out but I can live with using the trip meter.

Incognito 09-29-2009 11:34 PM

In that case, here's the Owner's Manual and the Service Manual :icon_deal:

drunkinmist 09-30-2009 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Aken (Post 842835)
What is so hard about tracking miles? It's called reset your trip meter each time you gas up. Easy peasy.

I just wish the trip meter wouldn't reset every 1000 miles. That would make it even better then i could track my oil changes better then having to look it up in my log book.

G3NESYS 09-30-2009 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by drunkinmist (Post 842949)
I just wish the trip meter wouldn't reset every 1000 miles. That would make it even better then i could track my oil changes better then having to look it up in my log book.

it alot easier to just write down your mileage for the oil change since it happens alot less frequent than fillin up.
just reset you trip odo when you fill up, and anywhere between... idk 110-140 miles ur reserve will probably pop on... but even if you just ride til you fuel light pops on, you still have 20+ miles to get to a gas station