F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Performance Speed Chip

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance Speed Chip

i read through a bunch of the feedback people left and all the postives were like this....

++ Great Ebayer havent installed yet!!!

or +++ didnt work for me, but great Ebayer. or other things, but yet still left positives. its weird. i would definetly stay away from it unless someone could post dynoed results.

[align=center] [/align]

Old 06-19-2007, 03:02 PM

makes since to me...

Old 06-19-2007, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: pochop7

I was just browsing ebay today and seen this......wondered if anyone has one and if so if the hp gain is what they claim it to be...also if you had a PCIII would you still be able to use this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...94360355QQrdZ1
I wouldn't plug that into my bike with a gun to my head.

$.02

Old 06-20-2007, 02:19 AM

Guys for 3hp i think it was worth it,
it wasn't worth getting it dyno'd twice but lucky my mate owns a shop,
Look i see it as minimal risk, like if you don't like you can just unplug it and throw it away
Do what you want guys maybe i got lucky! So i will on vouch for that the Colex once since i have never tried any other one,
BUT REMEMBER it's not 15hp i got 3.5 on my CBR600RR so i would say it's about 3% increase
Who wants to see the dyno results i don't have a printer but i could waste my time and go get some?

Old 06-20-2007, 03:01 AM

its true, you can do it for a buck, many guys put in a resistor on cars, it works for just about any car aswell.. i did it to my Grand Prix GTP. they sell "chips" for the GTP but hell all it is is a $1 resistor. marked up to 20 dollars with some instruction included

Old 06-20-2007, 06:42 AM

ORIGINAL: krash

do you know where the IAt sensor is on an F4i? are they normally easy to get access to on a bike?

I can check it out for you if I can get to it easily. but its still a little chilly right now to be out dicken around for too long
It's that little white sensor in the airbox lid. I took the liberty of checking the one on my engine just now and at around 80 degrees ambient, the sensor showed 1.88k ohms. After I held onto it with my fingers, which I would guesstimate to be between 94 and 98 degrees, it dropped and settled on 1.4k. The spec for testing it is 68-86F and the resistance should be 1 to 4k. The FSM doesn't say what temp relates to what resistance. If it only drops 0.48k from 80-96*, but drops 3k from 68-86, then the ohm:voltage curve is nowhere near linear(they seldom are). That ultimately means that the resistor value you try to "hack" your IAT with is entirely dependent on what ambient temps the bike will be ridden in. This could also explain why some people see results with the hackboxes and some don't. It's also worth mentioning that the CA model have exhaust gas oxygen sensors and I presume an adaptive learning strategy. If that's true, then the ECU has authority to lean out the fuel in response to this "mod" and adjust things back to where they were(and IMO should be).

Old 06-20-2007, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: 65ShelbyClone

...This could also explain why some people see results with the hackboxes and some don't. It's also worth mentioning that the CA model have exhaust gas oxygen sensors and I presume an adaptive learning strategy. If that's true, then the ECU has authority to lean out the fuel in response to this "mod" and adjust things back to where they were(and IMO should be).
That makes sense. Personally, I don't see why the bother for a unit that 'may' give you 3% up in horsepower that you'd probably never use or notice. Liken it to sticking ones head into a beehive to get a taste of fresh honey. Simply, not worth the bother.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:30 PM

hey guys
i have just joined and have recently bought this off ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWER-FUEL-RAC...QQcmdZViewItem
Going to be fitting it this weekend and will let you know how i get on
Have just fitted a QUILL T3 slip on ,i would highly recommend these,sound awesome and road legal !

banksy

Old 06-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you Dyno that on the same day and withina few minutes of each other? Do you know what kind of dyno your buddy has, not that it's pertinent but some dynos are more subject than others to human error.
ORIGINAL: Akula

Before i ran at at 116.4hp
and after i got 119.9hp

Feel free to ask me anything

Guys I don't see what the big deal is here. If it goes before the ECU then the results should be consistent because it tricks the ECU by giving a false readingfrom the sensors.

3HP for a few dollars...some will kill for 1/2 hp.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tall_manc

hey guys
i have just joined and have recently bought this off ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWER-FUEL-RAC...QQcmdZViewItem
Going to be fitting it this weekend and will let you know how i get on
Have just fitted a QUILL T3 slip on ,i would highly recommend these,sound awesome and road legal !

banksy
Looks like a fuel processor (ie Power Commander). This month's issue of Sport Rider magazine did an article on different ones commercially available.

Quick Reply: Performance Speed Chip