F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Performance Speed Chip

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance Speed Chip

definetly keep this thread going, i wanna see what happens when the chip gets broken down and im interested to hear hondapower's take on it.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: hondapower

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

I can hardly believe this thread is still going on.

Hondapower, what do you think the engine damage could be with 'a little detonation' from the R&D method you suggest?
Bufferedasprin, I hope you're able to get before/ after dyno runs.
First I never suggested any R&D methods...installing different resistors without having any clue as to what you're doing is definately asking for trouble and a definate "worst case scenario". I simply mentioned that we would need to find the correct voltage range for the IAT and base resistor part #'s on that. Hopefully Asprin will let me know whats going on inside that box that he ordered so I can do a rundown of how safe it actually is compared to the voltage range of the IAT (which I still haven't found). Also I mentioned that detrimental damage to the ECU would be almost non-existant if an electronically-inclined person were to attempt this themselves, not that engine damage would not result from someone randomly soldering in resistors....

Hope that cleared anything up that you might have questioned. I don't mean to keep bumping this thread back up, but a few ppl were interested in this so I offered what I know on the subject...and until I can give difinitive answers then I'll continue to research this for the previously mentioned posters.

Thanks,

Jon
I'm not trying to be adversarial here. I like experimentation as much as the next geek, but let's realize (by your post below), that there is SOME risk.
Worst case scenario here is you'd experience a bit of detonation due to the advanced timing and not actually getting the air the engine wanted. Like I said though, finding a happy medium that the bike likes would be the trick to this...by that I mean finding a resistor of the right size to up your performance somewhat without going overboard...

Old 04-09-2007, 11:57 PM

I can hardly believe this thread is still going on.

Hondapower, what do you think the engine damage could be with 'a little detonation' from the R&D method you suggest?
Bufferedasprin, I hope you're able to get before/ after dyno runs.
First I never suggested any R&D methods...installing different resistors without having any clue as to what you're doing is definately asking for trouble and a definate "worst case scenario". I simply mentioned that we would need to find the correct voltage range for the IAT and base resistor part #'s on that. Hopefully Asprin will let me know whats going on inside that box that he ordered so I can do a rundown of how safe it actually is compared to the voltage range of the IAT (which I still haven't found). Also I mentioned that detrimental damage to the ECU would be almost non-existant if an electronically-inclined person were to attempt this themselves, not that engine damage would not result from someone randomly soldering in resistors....

Hope that cleared anything up that you might have questioned. I don't mean to keep bumping this thread back up, but a few ppl were interested in this so I offered what I know on the subject...and until I can give difinitive answers then I'll continue to research this for the previously mentioned posters.

Thanks,

Jon
I'm not trying to be adversarial here. I like experimentation as much as the next geek, but let's realize (by your post below), that there is SOME risk.
Worst case scenario here is you'd experience a bit of detonation due to the advanced timing and not actually getting the air the engine wanted. Like I said though, finding a happy medium that the bike likes would be the trick to this...by that I mean finding a resistor of the right size to up your performance somewhat without going overboard...
Sorry Jay, I took the defensive a little bit there being the new guy, and the fact that I'm a 4-year honda-tech member lol. I think I misinterpreted your post a little and took it a little more personal than I should have I'm bound and determined to at least have some real tech info for you guys tonight and start on some kind of a recommendation for parts for discussion

Old 04-10-2007, 12:49 AM

Ok, I'm almost at a loss here considering I'm still not a bike owner as of yet. There is an easy solution to our problem though. Anyone who is currently participating in this thread could help out a LOT with a little time and a multimeter. I need someone to pull their bike outside, warm it up to operating temperature and take a resistance (Ohm) reading of the IAT sensor along with that person's current outdoor temperature so I can get a perfect idea of the resistance we need to shave off from the IAT to see a gain without overdoing it. Don't know why I didn't think of this before, would be much easier and potentially MUCH safer than just trusting whats inside the box that Bufferedasprin purchased.

If we have any volunteers please let us know

Old 04-10-2007, 12:57 AM

do you know where the IAt sensor is on an F4i? are they normally easy to get access to on a bike?

I can check it out for you if I can get to it easily. but its still a little chilly right now to be out dicken around for too long

Old 04-10-2007, 07:32 AM

I don't have a multimeter...can't help out there

Old 04-10-2007, 01:02 PM

i see the post is going on strong and we have a person in the field that can better tell us the truth on if its a plus or a dud. Sorry i have no idea where or what u are talking about but i do have a multimeter somewhere at the house. If you can show or direct me to what it is ur trying to test i can help out.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Avatar Krash

Old 06-19-2007, 09:33 AM

Hello guys,
yes i'm new here, and i don't have a 600 F4I i just got a 03 CBR600RR after reading all the things said here i got curious,
and having 40 bucks to blow i decided **** why not? it's easy to take off.
I only been riding the cbr for the past few weeks, it's all stock apart from some headlight covers.
Anyway here's the 411 Before i ran at at 116.4hp
and after i got 119.9hp
So year i didn't get 15hp i got 3.5 here's the web site http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....;rd=1&rd=1
Do whatever you want that's was my ending results.
Feel free to ask me anything
I live in Sydney(Australia) hopefully getting some photo's of my bike to post here
Thanks guys
Akula

P.S. This is just my 2 cents worth hopefully it will help somebody

Old 06-19-2007, 09:39 AM

so to you was it worth it?

Quick Reply: Performance Speed Chip