F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

pc & throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pc & throttle response

ORIGINAL: rolandk

ORIGINAL: amnesia

"....when i'm riding at low speed, maybe say 5mph, and i just _slightly_ increase the throttle, the bike will jerk about some and start accelerating. The same with rolling off the throttle at low speeds"

What you really need to do is learn how to use the clutch and the throttle properly (and simultaneously). It's all a matter of techique. I think that most complaints you hear about throttle "jerkiness" are really just inexperienced riding technique. The throttle's never gonna react well if your clutch is all the way out and you're lugging at 5 miles/hour. At this point you should be accellerating and just releasing the clutch. Same thing when you roll off the throttle. You're always working the clutch (maybe just a tiny bit) to buffer the abrupt changes in throttle. I think most of us do this sub-consiously without even realizing it. I rarely ever notice any jerkiness unless i'm really sloppy with my clutch hand.
Thats probably true in some cases but I've been riding bikes 30+ years and I still say the F4i has abrupt on/off throttle transition. I noticed it the very first time I rode the bike and it drove me crazy until I got a PCIII. Also noticed it quite a bit mid corner when going from off to on.
I agree.been riding since the early 80's..The f4i off\on response almost made me get rid of it..Installed the pcIII and a tune .Its smooth as butter now.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pc & throttle response

Thanks guys for all the help. Appreciate it.