F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pair valve removal and tipover sensor removal....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pair valve removal and tipover sensor removal....

Just wondering if anyone has done this? I put my pcIII on last night and decided to do the pair valve clean air mod on the f4i and it was really easy and frees up a lot of breathing room in the engine compartment....it pulls better at lower speeds I already notice, and was well worth it in my opinion if you ask me. I took a bunch of pics along the way if anyone is interested. I also removed the tip over sensor as I love to wheelie and have heard the horror stories of the sensor cutting out on bikes and slamming the front end down hard. It was easy to do and saved some weight as well. Once again if anyone wants help or pics on how to do this let me know!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Default RE: Pair valve removal and tipover sensor removal....

What's the deal with the tip-over sensor? If you pop a wheelie too high, does it just cut the engine?

Old 01-04-2008, 07:30 AM

Yup, you really have to have it standing up, but basically it is a pendulum that swings inside a box, and if it goes to far over or back or too abrubt it can cut out.... I will try posting pics of everything today.....

Old 01-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Did this last night.....clean air mod and removal of the tip over sensor as I still love that wheelie sensation!!! The clean air mod will give you better low end for two reasons ... this is why racers love it.....

1- you don't get any of the hot oily air from the crank case in your airbox---Take an automotive spray gun, The air blowing by the small jet pulls paint from the canister and doesn't blow pressure into the can...... Same thing here, the exhaust blows by and pulls the hot air / oil from the crancase with it...
2- by hooking the crankcase vent tube up to the clean air valve it creates a vaccum in the crank case and that is good for a few extra horse power and a couple foot pounds of torque...a user on one of the other forums I am on advised..."it makes the bike better all around and alot of people agree ,i have even seen dyno test that show increased torque and horse power" The stunters love it because it prevents a hydrolock situation from the bike being on its side and oil being dumped into the airbox from the breather tube....it has been argued over and over and proven, this is a great mod with no bad side effects whatsoever.... This is what it looks like stock....the directions are a bit confusing, throw 3 away, and hook 1 2 and 4 to the new t.... Name:  DSCN1614-1.jpg
Views: 5334
Size:  124.8 KB[/align] [/align] The pair valve removed.... 1/2" Tee...it was very tight, had to vaseline the hoses to get them on, but better than too loose.... Here is a pic of the t with the hoses..... How I sealed the airbox off, I have seen many methods, but looking around the garage I realized that some old tire valve cover caps fit perfectly and are hard enough to hold, through them in with a little epoxy and they were solid and fit perfect, looks factory... Also here is the tipover sensor mod as well.... just cut that damn thing out and never worry about it again.... With windscreen off... Remove the 2 screws holding the box in and disconnect the box... Here it is removed and unclipped.... Cut off the connector and make sure there is enough room to reconnect if you want to reinstall in the feature, tie red and green together and cap white off....and clip back in....

Old 01-04-2008, 01:04 PM

What site did you get this info from?

Old 01-04-2008, 01:30 PM

the bank angle is right. ive done it myself for track days and new headlight, i did it a little more ghetto though since i don't have the subharness i went to teh main wiring and jumpered those two together and the bike starts right up

Old 01-04-2008, 01:48 PM

I originally saw this posted on stuntlife, and started researching and found it over multiple websites. Dragcars do similar mods for more horsepower.....

Old 01-19-2009, 06:22 PM

I wanted to remove my tippy sensor thing but can't get at it without removing the front fairing. How did you jumper it in the main harness. I just got the bike and don't even know where the main harness is.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:05 PM

If I remember, you have to remove the front fairing to get to the main wiring harness connector anyway. I always did mine at the main connector so that I could just pull out the lights, tip sensor and all that other stuff for my track plastics.