F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

opinions on windscreens and carbon fiber RAM air covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on windscreens and carbon fiber RAM air covers

been looking around for a new windscreen for my blue 2006 f4i, i recently had a completely black (not smoke) double bubble but it was scratched when i bought the bike. the previous owner had said it was a zero gravity, but ive looked all over for the same one with little luck. all of the ones ive found are dark smoke and not black. is there any brand out there that looks similar with that black color? also where can i find carbon fiber RAM air covers? i think they add a nice look to a bike. thoughts and info appreciated. thanks

Old 07-21-2011, 06:47 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnsy507
been looking around for a new windscreen for my blue 2006 f4i, i recently had a completely black (not smoke) double bubble but it was scratched when i bought the bike. the previous owner had said it was a zero gravity, but ive looked all over for the same one with little luck. all of the ones ive found are dark smoke and not black. is there any brand out there that looks similar with that black color? also where can i find carbon fiber RAM air covers? i think they add a nice look to a bike. thoughts and info appreciated. thanks
The blacked out windscreen is most likely painted, I have the same and I painted mine on the inside so it doesn't look like paint from the top.

As for Carbon Fibre ram air covers, They are hard to come across but if you do they will be expensive.

Best bang for your buck is to paint the windscreen as well as the duct covers a nice gloss black.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:19 AM

^agree with painting inside the windscreen black, however you can get carbon fiber pattern vinyl that you can apply to pretty much any plastic piece; that may be a better option then painting the ducts gloss black. I've seen on another forum, a guy that did his fender and it came out looking very good; it's way cheaper than the real thing, unless of course those couple ounces saved are worth the astronomical money people want for CF. I'll look about for the carbon vinyl thread....

Old 07-23-2011, 07:32 PM

Awesome, thanks. Yeah I just went with the dark smoke zero gravity. It looks very nice on my bike and it's definitely darker than I expected which is good. Where could I get that vinyl? That sounds pretty good to me. I'd be it it for looks rather than "performance" anyways haha

Old 07-23-2011, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Burnsy507
Awesome, thanks. Yeah I just went with the dark smoke zero gravity. It looks very nice on my bike and it's definitely darker than I expected which is good. Where could I get that vinyl? That sounds pretty good to me. I'd be it it for looks rather than "performance" anyways haha

Metro Restyling

Old 12-20-2011, 04:38 PM

How easy is it to remove the windscreen?

Old 12-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackFire994
How easy is it to remove the windscreen?
6 Bolts, Probably one of the easiest things to remove from your bike.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:30 AM
July 2008 ROTM

You can get a carbon fiber look windscreen already made, too. I have this one on my bike. I think I paid a little less, though. If you like it, I'm sure you can find other sources for it.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by ucyifly
How durable is that wrap? Anyone have any experience with it? I'm interested in doing this to my fenders and windscreen.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:22 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

look for carbon fiber dinoc. Its super durable and conforms really well.

Quick Reply: opinions on windscreens and carbon fiber RAM air covers