CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   opinions on windscreens and carbon fiber RAM air covers (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/opinions-windscreens-carbon-fiber-ram-air-covers-128572/)

Burnsy507 07-21-2011 12:26 AM

opinions on windscreens and carbon fiber RAM air covers

been looking around for a new windscreen for my blue 2006 f4i, i recently had a completely black (not smoke) double bubble but it was scratched when i bought the bike. the previous owner had said it was a zero gravity, but ive looked all over for the same one with little luck. all of the ones ive found are dark smoke and not black. is there any brand out there that looks similar with that black color? also where can i find carbon fiber RAM air covers? i think they add a nice look to a bike. thoughts and info appreciated. thanks

jeffjones 07-21-2011 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Burnsy507 (Post 1081663)
been looking around for a new windscreen for my blue 2006 f4i, i recently had a completely black (not smoke) double bubble but it was scratched when i bought the bike. the previous owner had said it was a zero gravity, but ive looked all over for the same one with little luck. all of the ones ive found are dark smoke and not black. is there any brand out there that looks similar with that black color? also where can i find carbon fiber RAM air covers? i think they add a nice look to a bike. thoughts and info appreciated. thanks

The blacked out windscreen is most likely painted, I have the same and I painted mine on the inside so it doesn't look like paint from the top.

As for Carbon Fibre ram air covers, They are hard to come across but if you do they will be expensive.

Best bang for your buck is to paint the windscreen as well as the duct covers a nice gloss black.

SPR-GRN 07-21-2011 10:19 AM

^agree with painting inside the windscreen black, however you can get carbon fiber pattern vinyl that you can apply to pretty much any plastic piece; that may be a better option then painting the ducts gloss black. I've seen on another forum, a guy that did his fender and it came out looking very good; it's way cheaper than the real thing, unless of course those couple ounces saved are worth the astronomical money people want for CF. I'll look about for the carbon vinyl thread....

Burnsy507 07-23-2011 07:32 PM

Awesome, thanks. Yeah I just went with the dark smoke zero gravity. It looks very nice on my bike and it's definitely darker than I expected which is good. Where could I get that vinyl? That sounds pretty good to me. I'd be it it for looks rather than "performance" anyways haha

ucyifly 07-23-2011 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Burnsy507 (Post 1082530)
Awesome, thanks. Yeah I just went with the dark smoke zero gravity. It looks very nice on my bike and it's definitely darker than I expected which is good. Where could I get that vinyl? That sounds pretty good to me. I'd be it it for looks rather than "performance" anyways haha

Metro Restyling

BlackFire994 12-20-2011 04:38 PM

How easy is it to remove the windscreen?

jeffjones 12-20-2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by BlackFire994 (Post 1120032)
How easy is it to remove the windscreen?

6 Bolts, Probably one of the easiest things to remove from your bike.

Aken 12-21-2011 05:30 AM

You can get a carbon fiber look windscreen already made, too. I have this one on my bike. I think I paid a little less, though. If you like it, I'm sure you can find other sources for it.

donnygeewebb 12-23-2011 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by ucyifly (Post 1082569)

How durable is that wrap? Anyone have any experience with it? I'm interested in doing this to my fenders and windscreen.

CJardine 12-26-2011 01:22 AM

look for carbon fiber dinoc. Its super durable and conforms really well.