F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Oil Change Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy there Runway chill your jets, I quoted the chart which I found someplace else where people were talking about oil filters for the F4i. I posted what I gathered. Not once did I say you were wrong ..."apparently the purolator with the ML # is not authentic or some b.s. ??" ...was my quote exactly<<< again I didn't know anything about purolators I found more info on the PL #'s so i went with those. I was wanting to use a filter that I had no experience with so i posted what i found...the PL #'s work well i used the 14610 and she runs so i guess its all good!!!.....and F4ith I didn't care if I got flamed for the thread, I wanted to make sure my sh*t was right LOL

Old 03-07-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
Check the purolator web site. The filter listed for the F4i (PL14610) is the same exact on listed for the Civic (PL14610). So whats the difference? You can run all the marathons you want. Your analogy does not apply.
Analogy doesn't apply, eh? Ok buddy...

And uhm...since you're not exactly the "smartest" individual in the room. Lemme take the time to do a quick Purolator 101...hope you enjoy.

ATV and Motorcycles "ML" precedes the part no.
Automobiles PureOne Purolator Oil Filters "PL" precedes the part no.
Automobiles regular Purolator Oil Filters "L" precedes the part no.

So unless you're the kinda person that needs help crossing the street...and if you are my apology But there's no way you could look at a "Purolator" website and get "PL4610" for the filter for you bike. What have you been smoking lately??

Old 03-07-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by K7inne09
Easy there Runway chill your jets, I quoted the chart which I found someplace else where people were talking about oil filters for the F4i. I posted what I gathered. Not once did I say you were wrong ..."apparently the purolator with the ML # is not authentic or some b.s. ??" ...was my quote exactly<<< again I didn't know anything about purolators I found more info on the PL #'s so i went with those. I was wanting to use a filter that I had no experience with so i posted what i found...the PL #'s work well i used the 14610 and she runs so i guess its all good!!!.....and F4ith I didn't care if I got flamed for the thread, I wanted to make sure my sh*t was right LOL
I wouldn't flame you...and I prolly came off a lil too harsh...my apology bud.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by RunwayOneSix
I wouldn't flame you...and I prolly came off a lil too harsh...my apology bud.
All good man don't worry about it...so since i went with a PL and it fits and all, would you say i'm good until next oil change? I mean it ran fine and everything today... I guess my ultimate question is wtf is the difference between the 3 filters other than length and # if they all work?

Old 03-07-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by K7inne09
All good man don't worry about it...so since i went with a PL and it fits and all, would you say i'm good until next oil change? I mean it ran fine and everything today... I guess my ultimate question is wtf is the difference between the 3 filters other than length and # if they all work?
Being honest, I simply don't know. The differences would have to be explained by a company rep. or one of us literally cutting open all 3 and exploring the differences. Glad to hear it's working out for you and if you notice no anomalies and you're comfortable, I would understand you purchasing again. Happy to hear it's working out! I simply can't wait to go ride once all the snow gets off the roads

Old 03-07-2010, 09:26 PM

Does anyone run repsol partial synthetic? Im running mobil 1 full synthetic and ive heard its not recommended. Yes i know you cant go back unless you use a engine flush.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:20 PM
July 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by scooterc14
Does anyone run repsol partial synthetic? Im running mobil 1 full synthetic and ive heard its not recommended. Yes i know you cant go back unless you use a engine flush.

can someone elaborate on this? how exactly do you do this and is it really necessary?

Old 03-07-2010, 10:58 PM

Im hopfully gonna change my oil back this weekend so if no one knows how to do it I'll explain. All i know is you buy a bottle of engine flush for bikes. I think you need to do it only if you go from full to partial. Im sure someone on here really knows.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

Wait you can't just do a normal oil change if you go from full synth to regular???

Old 03-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunwayOneSix
Analogy doesn't apply, eh? Ok buddy...

And uhm...since you're not exactly the "smartest" individual in the room. Lemme take the time to do a quick Purolator 101...hope you enjoy.

ATV and Motorcycles "ML" precedes the part no.
Automobiles PureOne Purolator Oil Filters "PL" precedes the part no.
Automobiles regular Purolator Oil Filters "L" precedes the part no.

So unless you're the kinda person that needs help crossing the street...and if you are my apology But there's no way you could look at a "Purolator" website and get "PL4610" for the filter for you bike. What have you been smoking lately??
First off I probably am the smartest person in the room, any room, any time. Thanks for the info about the prefix (like it really matters), but I didn't check the site myself (for the F4i) I went off what K7 posted. And since you know so much, why don't you buy both filters, disassemble them and let us know what you find. And finally, you're pretty tough when you're hiding behind a computer monitor, come to Detroit and run your mouth in person, then we'll see who needs help crossing the street.

For the rest of ya, there's nothing wrong with using an auto filter on your motorcycle. These things are designed to do one thing...filter oil (hence there name) It doesn't matter what they go on, cars motorcycles, tractors, big rigs, hydraulic machinery, whatever uses oil and needs it filtered, they all do the same thing...its just a matter of how efficient and for how long they are efficient, and the materials they're made from that seperate the good from the bad from the ugly.

Quick Reply: Oil Change Info