F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Oil Change Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Change Info

Search wasnt working for me, kept saying no results and I typed in probably 100 different combos of words. Got very agitating so i said F*ck it ill just repost and get flamed for it (maybe) Anyways, im looking to change my oil tomorrow on the F4i and gradually get her ready for riding and want to make the switch from a Fram filter (heard they suck) and Mobil1 4t. I have heard good things about a WIX oil filter (from NAPA) and i vaguely remember reading about Rotella-t a looong time ago when i first joined here (many said they favored rotella) could someone please tell me the filter # for the NAPA Wix filter and which rotella oil to buy? (For and F4i) Thanks in advance and sorry for a repost on oil changes cause im sure there has been a ton but searching was making me pull my hair out LOL

Old 03-05-2010, 06:40 PM

I believe K&N makes one with a nut on the end that is makes changing it REAL easy....might want to throw that one in the bucket....

Old 03-05-2010, 07:23 PM

Purolator PureOne is another excellent filter for the F4i. Personally, for my F4i...Purolator PureOne oil filter and Mobil 1 for the oil. Your bike will ride through the years with no problem and you'll be one happy rider bcuz of it.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I won't flame you, but I'll rip on anyone that does. People post all their opinions, and in no real similar lay out, so it's tough to tell what people think. Google becomes your friend.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by RunwayOneSix
Purolator PureOne is another excellent filter for the F4i. Personally, for my F4i...Purolator PureOne oil filter and Mobil 1 for the oil. Your bike will ride through the years with no problem and you'll be one happy rider bcuz of it.
YES -PureOne filters are good - I use them In EVERYTHING.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 PM

mobile 1 is what i put in mine, but i use a oem filter.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:17 PM

lol thanks everyone and thanks Zero for not flaming...it was all giving me a headache searching so i had to walk away from the computer...now maybe ill stick with mobil1 since thats apparently what some of you are using soooo where do i find of one the purolators or the K&N pep boys or some place and whats the model # i need to look for on both (like the B.S. fram im using is a 6607)...ill assume different make have diff. numbers? Thanks again guys your saving me a huge headache...been stressed lately and need a good rip around the block to keep me sane.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a filter for a Civic.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
Get a filter for a Civic.
Scoobydoobie, I'm not sure if I'm that confident in the "Civic" filter. Purolator recomments ML16817 for our F4i. It's like me wearing basketball sneakers in a marathon. Yea it feels great, yea it's comfortable, heck it's a nice pair of basketball sneakers...but is it fit for a marathon NO. Certainly not the right tool, for the right job. Stick with what the manufacturer recommends.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:56 PM

Here is the K&N site with the numbers you'll need. http://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx

Damn it didn't work like I wanted but it has the site you'll need just plug in your bikes info.

I personally believe in straight up OEM Honda from the Honda dealer. And I prefer the Honda GN4 oil.

Last edited by ID_CBRRider; 03-05-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Oil Change Info