F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

The OEM F4i's rim integrity

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The OEM F4i's rim integrity

I can’t get over how easily my F4i OEM black rims show scuffs! I bought brand new OEM rims back I’d say 8 months ago and they were flawless. Not one scuff. All black. A few months later I started noticing these little scwiggly off-white scuff marks in random places on the black rims! I figured oh that sucks but probably just road rocks/debry etc.. so nothing I can do about it…Then it hit me that I lock my Akita 1” cable lock through my rims each night…but I dismissed the idea bc I am super **** and I actually guide the only metal part of the lock (the cable is soft plastic so that is not causing the scuffs) which is the head of the lock, through the rim making 100% sure it dosent touch the FRAGILE OEM black rim paint. Well today I was not so “****” about guiding it and I accidentally “brushed” across the rim with the metal head of the lock (when I say brushed I mean BARLEY even touched it) and I noticed that small off-white ding/scuff. I’m like, “you’ve got to be kidding me” Is anyone else’s OEM rims this dang sensitive? I heard a black magic marker hides scuffs well but I feel like it would show and would look bad. Any ideas? One would THINK that the scuffs could be literally rubbed off with your hand as they SHOULD be superficial but after seeing what I saw today, the slightest brush across these rims digs into it’s integrity

Old 01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Banned

My rims definitely are not that sensitive. Theres gotta be something wrong...

Where did you buy the rims from?

Old 01-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your so worried get them powder coated. I am guessing there powder coated from the factory

Old 01-20-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Krux
If your so worried get them powder coated. I am guessing there powder coated from the factory
I got them from a private owner local here and they look 100% OEM for sure..Ya I assumed they were powdercoated from the factory as well and thats what baffles me as to why they r scuffing They look powdercoated?

Old 01-20-2011, 04:41 PM

chrome plate and dont worry about it

Old 01-20-2011, 05:15 PM

Those rims must be painted??...............Mine aren't glossy on my 02 but are way tougher than that.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes the rims scratch. That has absolutley nothing to do with their integrity, which is exellent.
Next time you get the tires changed just paint em black again. Or like me don't worry about it. Between duct tape residue from track days and the insane number of rocks thrown up in arizona by other vehicles my rims stand no chance and neither do yours.