F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Notchy throttle

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Notchy throttle

'Twas a common note among the reviewers during the 01' & 02' reviews of the bike. I haven't seen any reviews post 2002 model year. If I turn my F4i into a racebike in 2009 (yeah, right) then I may get a custom map for it.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've noticed the same thing too, from the time I open the throttle until the engine revs it's like 1/2 of a second. I also noticed that (probably because I'm fat at 230lbs) in first gear from a stop when I let out the clutch all the way the bike really bogs down. I have to play with the clutch and keep it at or above 6k in order to really start going if I take off quick. If I let the clutch out quickly and give it full throttle when it's all the way out it bogs down and makes like a machine gun noise, sounds maybe like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle. I think I just need to lose 40 lbs.

Next spring I'm getting a PCIII and a Micron blue/black slip on maybe that will help with low end power and hopefully by them I'll be 200lbs again. I quit drinking for REAL this time! haha

Old 11-07-2007, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82
If I let the clutch out quickly and give it full throttle when it's all the way out it bogs down and makes like a machine gun noise, sounds maybe like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle. I think I just need to lose 40 lbs.
That's called lugging the engine. Practice your clutch control by riding really slow...less than 5 mph in a parking lot, zero throttle. Keith Code talks about it in this article.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:12 PM

Mine has the "notchy feeling"..Got better with the slip-on but came back with the bmc filter..Got a pcIII coming(saturday).That should help.But to make sure im having a custom tune done after i get it installed(dyno tune in a week or two).

Here is a link to a custom F4i map(yoshi slip-on,stock filter,pump gas):
http://www.edwardtang.com/cbrforum/yoshi.zip

Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 AM

In looking at my map, fuel is taken out by a few clicks pretty much across the board...some places more than other. Isn't that odd considering my slip-on and K&N air filter? I would think it would need more gas. Can someone take a look at their map and tell me if it's adding or removing fuel?

Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 AM

what exactly is the accelorator pump feature, I have a PCIIIusb and haven't heard of it.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Old 11-08-2007, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82
If I let the clutch out quickly and give it full throttle when it's all the way out it bogs down and makes like a machine gun noise, sounds maybe like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle. I think I just need to lose 40 lbs.
That's called lugging the engine. Practice your clutch control by riding really slow...less than 5 mph in a parking lot, zero throttle. Keith Code talks about it in this article.
'

Holy crap why do people do that? I can read that for like 1minute and my eyes hurt. Now I'm looking around my room and I see bright white text all over. blah

Old 11-09-2007, 08:28 AM

Lost me dude. So you're saying that the article is of no value to you????

Old 11-09-2007, 08:39 AM

No, not at all. It's the bright white text on the black background. It hurts my eyes I had to copy and past it into word to be able to read it. After trying to read it just for a little bit I was getting a headache and when I looked away all I saw was bright white lights everywhere. lol Good article! =)

Quick Reply: Notchy throttle