F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

noisy clutch bearing and sticking gears

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noisy clutch bearing and sticking gears

Apologies if I have broken any rules , but I am a new member and I also added this post to the new memebers site , apologieds for the duplication but I wanted to inform as many people as possible because this seems a common problem[/align][/align]As a relatively new memeber and a returning to bikes at over 40 memberI did a recent search for clutch problems on my brand new cbr 600f ( 2006 model purchasedin Aug 2007)and found that many members had similar faults, noisy clutch release bearing and diiificulty getting down the gears ifI did a stop without fully going down the gear box.[/align][/align]Well ,I just put my bike in for its first 1000 k service , I told the mechanic all my problems ( 8 rides 6 stuck gears, unable to get back to first after stopping in a higher gearand a noisy clutch release bearing)[/align][/align]I picked up the bike 3 days later and what a difference, the clutch is a smooth as silk and feels oh so sweet, the bearing noise is still apparent but he assures me that is normal, he told me the shifting down problem was from sticking clutch plates which were roughed up and all he did was polish them up with some emery paper and a light file[/align][/align]if you are having same problems (as many of you reported on my search) then get your mechanic to have a good look, maybe they are swinging you a line , if i get any more problems I will keep you informed[/align][/align]ride the life out of it, who knows what is coming[/align]

Old 11-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Default RE: noisy clutch bearing and sticking gears

good info... i have similar problems

Old 12-13-2007, 07:37 PM

the noise is when shifting down to 1st gear.. same problem with my 06f4i? how much will it cost me to have it fixed..
thanks and safe riding

Old 12-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You do know that it's [usually] not supposed to go into 1st from a higher gear while you're completely stopped, right? It's a constant mesh transmission, if you don't put it in N and let the clutch out first, just going from 2nd to 1st in one sweep while stopped it won't go. You gotta roll it a little bit and it'll go right in

The clutch basket making noise is normal on alot of bikes (if it's the one that goes away when you pull the clutch in).

Glad to hear it worked out for ya though... whatever was going on with it