F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

no fuel pump feed from ecu

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no fuel pump feed from ecu

I am working on a buddies f4i, major stunt project. It has power to the ecu with all good grounds, but will not prime th fuel pump when turned on, no injector pulse, and no spark. It has a new harness, battery, main relay, and ecu. Also the FI light stays on constantly, will not start. I have been throught the entire harness and cannot find anything wrong. I put his ecu on my bike and it works fine. Is there a sensor that tells the ecu to prime the fuel? Also, what tells the ecu when to stop priming the fuel pump? I am down to only a handful of sensors, maybe the cluster. Any ideas would help.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: no fuel pump feed from ecu

another thing, the tip sensor has been bypassed, as well as the kick stand switch. The idle control valve has been removed also. The bike has been running with these mods though. Also, when it died, he was riding a stand up and when he landed the front wheel ate wiring harness (no front fender) it would not turn off, unhooked the battery, now it won't start. He has since put the harness, relays, ecm, etc. on the bike. That is where I came in.