F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

No brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No brakes

I'm having a problem with my front brakes after bleeding them I can't get a lever at all does anyone have any idea why I dont I did before and now nothing

Old 05-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is a shot in a dark, but from your nebulous description, perhaps you didn't bleed the system correctly. Make sure your fluids are fresh, filled to the correct amount, and that there is no air in the system.

also...if you squeeze the lever..and your wheel is wet...then the bleeder screw may need to be tightened properly.

Last edited by gotcbr; 05-12-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:24 PM

I bled all the air out but for some reason it will not pump up and give me any kind of lever but there is a metal piece that goes in the cylinder bowl but I dont know how it goes back is it that important

Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 PM

I know my grammar and descriptions suck, but you make me look perfect. Perhaps if you use better grammar, and maybe post some pics to help your description it'll help us figure out your problem a bit better.

I mean no offence by this, but i have no idea what your talking about or where to begin to help you out.

"after bleeding them I can't get a lever at all", So you have no lever on the mast cylinder, or you can pull your lever all the way in, and it not do anything?

Old 05-12-2012, 06:49 PM

I can pull it all the way in without any pressure, ive been reading about bleeding the mc but my bike gas no bleeder valve on it so how do I accomplish this can I just loosen the banjo bolt

Old 05-12-2012, 07:12 PM

If there's no pressure when you pull the lever, and you just bled the system, my best guess is air in the lines.

The only way to bleed the master cylinder is to bleed the system; the only bleed valves are on the calipers themselves. I wouldn't recommend trying to bleed the master on its own, as that could introduce air into the system.

I think you may just need to try bleeding it again. Use a vacuum pump to draw the fluid down through the system, and make sure the reservoir never runs dry. If it does, it means you just sucked air into the lines and need to start over.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:20 PM

your brake calipers has a size 8mm bleeder valve. you pump the brake lever a few times..hold it...release the valve and flush the fluids out and then tighten it. Afterwards, release the leaver. repeat the process unless the fluid is flushed without any bubbles. you will need to refill the fluids from the top when it gets too low.

The alternative is to buy a tool from an autoshop that lets you pump the brake fluid from the bleeder valve upwards. You may want to try this approach if you're not familiar with bleeding the brakes.

if you did all this, then you may need to replace your Master Cylinder or something.

Last edited by mnguyen84; 05-12-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Default Get the vacuum pump

I totally agree with getting a vacuum pump. It does the job much more efficiently. Another thing I want to add is make sure before you bleed the lines again each time your about to crack open then bleeder valve, take some kind of wrench, ratchet etc and tap the brake line as well as caliper to dislodge any potential air trapped inside. I did this after simply using the vacuum bleeder and I still had seen a few bubbles come forth. Hopefully this helps. =) If not, how thick are your brake pads? Maybe they need replacing even though it should still grab. You might also want to unbolt the caliper and do a thorough cleaning of it using brake parts cleaner/lubricate the moving/sliding components with some silicone while your in there.

This is totally off topic, but I see your Vietnamese mnguyen84 hence the viet last name hehe. I'm just curious. Were you born there or here in the states? My girl is from Hanoi and I have been to Vietnam 4 times both north and south hehe :P Love it there. Such a beautiful country, super nice people and oh so cheap!!!

Last edited by HotWheels; 05-12-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-13-2012, 01:29 AM

i'm from a rural province in the south called Bến Tre. It's about 4 hours or so from HCMC.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:26 AM

Xin Chao mnguyen84. Oh wow that's cool where your from. My girl and I had spent a couple days in My Tho visiting a friend. I think My Tho is only about 14 or 15 km's from Ben Tre if I am not mistaken. Her and I rode from Dist 1 HCMC to My Tho on a Yamaha Nuovo my moto of choice when I go there hehe :P Hehe my girl is awesome she loves hopping on the moto even for long rides hehehe. Yeah I've also ridden from hcmc to Vung Tau and back, hcmc to Phan Thiet to stay at the beach of Mui Ne which is VERY pretty and quiet and back to hcmc. Hehehe I have no fear of riding a moto there haha. :P Last trip to hcmc I actually saw a guy on a brand new looking R1 hahahahaha talk about total over kill and a waste of $$>.< I followed him around on my Nuovo 125 cc moto. The guy never left first gear ever. I kept buzzing past him dancing through traffic looking over at him smiling ear to ear as I was so much more nimble in dist 1 traffic hehe. I couldn't help revving it up taunting him then bolting off leaving him behind as i weaved effortlessly through the other motos haha. I couldn't resist! I could tell he was a bit bothered by my antics since he wasn't as nimble hehe. Hopefully going back to Hanoi and Haiphong this July for a few weeks. Ben tre looks like a very relaxing quiet place. I love going the the country side visiting my girls relatives. It's always so peaceful, wonderful food and I get to feel like a movie star each time I go hahaha Next time I go to the country side, I actually vowed to work a day or two with her relatives out in the rice fields hahaha

Enough jibber jabbering from me >.< hahaha ehh. Where in CA are you? I'm near Pismo Beach myself about an hour and a half north of Santa Barbara. Perhaps we should go for a ride some time hehe :P

Brandon

Last edited by HotWheels; 05-13-2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: .