F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New Info on the CCTL?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Info on the CCTL?

Go here, read Uncle So and So's posts
http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/283117.aspx

I AGREE WITH HIM100%, I don't have as much experiance as he does but I do know that whena cam chain or timing belt becomes loose....the timing of the motor goes out....so I DISAGREE with the majority of people here claiming that the noise is the cam chain itself....I could be wrong, but this theory makes SO MUCH more sense to me.....

edited from bad grammer

Old 03-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Default RE: New Info on the CCTL?

yea your going to have to sum up that thread, because i don't feel like reading... Also are you trying to put people down? It's hard to make friends that way...

Old 03-07-2008, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

yea your going to have to sum up that thread, because i don't feel like reading... Also are you trying to put people down? It's hard to make friends that way...
lol i tried reading it and got REAL bored.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:30 PM

The reason you guys won't read that post is the reason why there is so much bull flying around on the these boards. Don't get me wrong there is good info, but so much of it is tainted with wives tales and just shady tree mechanic bull ****..... I have found and been disproving things on the board since I got here, from oil, to the CCTL, gas octain, etc etc and I just find it astounding that really only a few people on here care to look at something, see how it works, see what is really causing a problem and then sharing it.... To be honest Katriders.com, where I used to post when I have a Katana had less bull on the boards and that is a squid bike....just be careful about what you post, don't post things you really have no idea about b/c you are only hurting others....and I know I am gonna catch flack for what i just said, but guess what I said it :-P

I just did mine like 10 min agoand the guy is 100% correct, plus I also have to add the the manual tenstioners are OKAY TO USE. If you study the honda design there is no way it can back out to "allow" for slack....it just will not happen, if you don't belive me, tough ****, go look yourself, I just fixed mine and came right on here to share what I discovered. The Honda design works the same as the manual tentioners like APE, except it used a spring that turns the bolt for you and it can only turn in one direction and that is in....thus pushing the plunger/lifter out when there is a little slack in the chain.....All that mumbo jumbo about the cam chain slapping around is PURE BS made up by someone who had NO IDEA what the hell they were talking about. I AM NOT GOING OFF WHAT THE GUY IN THE POST SAID BUT NOW ALSO BY MY PERSONAL EXPERIANCE.

so for all you people sick of hearing that damn noise I have news for you.....

YOUR CCTL IS FINE, YOU CAN KEEP RIDING, FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO NOISE TO GO AWAY, REMOVE THE CCTL AND TACK WELD THE NOSE AND PIN ON THE PLUNGER OF THE CCTL AND RE-INSTALL. Note: I had to make that rewind tool they show in the factory service manual out of old feeler gauge....

Old 03-08-2008, 07:48 AM

Only a fu**ing cop would be so arrogant. I think you should get another Katana.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Registered Users

blah blah blah all this talk about a cct, and i go and replace my **** only to discover !!!the rattle is a valve!!! gasp!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:48 AM

Don't be angry severetitanb/c Itook to time to study the CCTL and the problem to find thesolution.I amsaying it loudly so it can be heard so people actually have the correct information and can fix their bikes. Sorry to hear you got your CCTL confused for a valve tap Sproutf3, not much we can do about that over a computer. You should all be concerned with the tainted info running amuck on these boards because it affects all of you, even if you don't work on your bike, if you go around telling people this and that and it is wrong, you only will look like an *** hole one day when you bump into someone who knows his ****.

Look at me as arrogant, that is fine, I don't care, this is an internet forum and you really don't know me, but I am going to put this info out there b/c I am tired of all the uneducated wrong"facts" at what is going on with the CCTL that makes the noise....so go a head and call me names, but the info is getting around and that is all that matters.

"The reason you guys won't read that post is the reason why there is so much bull flying around on the these boards." This is the truth...the info is given to you, it shown in detail what is going on but no one cares to read it even though this CCTL has been a reoccuring issue for years.....this guy gives you the solution and people are too lazy to read it? You may not like it, but that statement of mine has alot of truth in it.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:19 AM

I'm pretty sure that says, because i don't feel like reading... Not because i don't want to be proven wrong. See what you made me do i quoted myself. Geez

Old 03-08-2008, 10:48 AM

[sm=rolleyes.gif] there is so many things going around about this, i dont know what to belive..i replaced mine with a APE MCCT and it works great now.. ive heard it needs to be fixed and it doesnt need to be fixed..but for 50 bucks it just wasnt a risk i was willing to take.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:34 PM

I'm pretty sure that says, because i don't feel like reading... Not because i don't want to be proven wrong. See what you made me do i quoted myself. Geez
??? What? I never said you where wrong....I said that the problem is people don't feel like reading on here, and the lazyness is what allows all these uninformed rumors to keep going around as if they where fact. Of all the people on this forum, very few people are stepping to the plate to actually figure out what is wrong.... You guys can do what you want, but stop spreading the misinformation that the CCTL has failed and the noise is the cam chain slapping around because that is just plain wrong. Untill someone gets me some photos showing damage to the head/block/cam chain from the chain slapping around and a picture showing the CCTL is jammed in position....

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

[sm=rolleyes.gif] there is so many things going around about this, i dont know what to belive..i replaced mine with a APE MCCT and it works great now.. ive heard it needs to be fixed and it doesnt need to be fixed..but for 50 bucks it just wasnt a risk i was willing to take.
And there is nothing wrong with doing that. the APE MCCT should work just great for you as it operates the same exact was as the Honda CCTL except it is not automatic. The bolt use a "bolt" to set the lenght of the lifter/plunger, and they both do not allow the plunger/lifter to be moved back in. The only down fall to the APE MCCT is you MAY have to adjust it down the road.

Quick Reply: New Info on the CCTL?