F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New CBR that needs alot of TLC! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats, hopefully you can get that thing looking mint for less than $1000 if everythings straight on it. The white and red is definitely my favorite scheme, that exact picture was what i wanted to turn my f4i into actually. i bought the red and white side/nose fairings but i messed up the right side so i had to scratch that idea. Good luck man, should look sick.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:47 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by donnygeewebb
And I was actually looking at that same clip on. Do you think it would work, look okay?
Yeah it will work great. It is a OEM so it will be a direct bolt on. The throttle tube will slide over it so it will mask any marks. You will have to put a bar end on it but it should be as good as new. The seller seems to have a great feedback rating which is a plus and there is a return policy even though it is a short one.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:52 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by donnygeewebb
I will not tell you not to go with these fairings but for your sake please do a lot of research before you buy. I have heard a lot of horror stories with aftermarket fairings just as the paint is crap, they won't fit worth a damn, customer service sucks, etc. I have not heard of motomarts so I can't comment on them. I would read the reviews they have from Ebay as well as google them to see if anyone else has bought from them and how they liked their overall experience. Maybe contact them to see how nice they are and how fast they respond. See if they will pay for shipping back if they don't fit properly. There are a lot of good companies out there and a lot of bad. Just don't want you to waste time and money.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Looks like a good project bike. Congrats on finally getting one.

In addition to the recommendations for fairings that R Dub made...
Nicecycle fairings don't get mentioned much here but they are good quality option as well. They are running a $100 off set coupon Christmas sale right now. Motorcycle Fairings - Motorcycle Exhaust - Aftermarket Fairings - NiceCycle Yes, I've seen them in person & they look excellent...fit & finish is as good/better than oem.

Keep your wheel-hugger & paint it black or white to match your desired color scheme.

As for mirrors, CycleGear has a close oem copy of F4i mirrors (avail in black or faux CF).

As for your other maintenance needs, there are links to the online version of the factory Honda shop manual. It will walk thru steps.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the link to the fairings man but holy hell those are expensive!

Old 12-09-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
I will not tell you not to go with these fairings but for your sake please do a lot of research before you buy. I have heard a lot of horror stories with aftermarket fairings just as the paint is crap, they won't fit worth a damn, customer service sucks, etc. I have not heard of motomarts so I can't comment on them. I would read the reviews they have from Ebay as well as google them to see if anyone else has bought from them and how they liked their overall experience. Maybe contact them to see how nice they are and how fast they respond. See if they will pay for shipping back if they don't fit properly. There are a lot of good companies out there and a lot of bad. Just don't want you to waste time and money.
That is definitely true. It will be a while until I start focusing heavily on the cosmetics but until then I just want to get the bike running good and make sure everything is fine with it. Theres alot of little stuff that needs to be fixed.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123
congrats, hopefully you can get that thing looking mint for less than $1000 if everythings straight on it. The white and red is definitely my favorite scheme, that exact picture was what i wanted to turn my f4i into actually. i bought the red and white side/nose fairings but i messed up the right side so i had to scratch that idea. Good luck man, should look sick.
lol thats what im shooting for man. what happened with them??

Old 12-09-2011, 11:30 PM

Well, today I took my bike to a locksmith and got 2 keys to match all three locks on the bike for 75 bucks. I didnt really have a choice with the company because theyre the only ones around here that do it, but im just happy I have some working keys now.

But lo and behold...I go to look under the frigin seat and the damn battery is gone. This thing never ceases to surprise me, so thats another thing added to the list lol. Oh well, got some keys today so thats a plus.