CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   New CBR that needs alot of TLC! HELP! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/new-cbr-needs-alot-tlc-help-132823/)

donnygeewebb 12-09-2011 12:57 AM

New CBR that needs alot of TLC! HELP!

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, well, I joined this forum sometime earlier on this year, but I finally saved up the money to buy a 2001 Honda CBR600f4i :) but it needs some help. I bought it from a guy in Atlanta, GA who buys and sells bikes for a living and he had no idea of the past of this motorcycle. Upon arrival, I found that the fairings were shot to shreds and definitely needed to be replaced along with the windscreen. The left mirror is broken off, theres a fairly large scrape on the stator cover and oil is leaking from somewhere (I havent had time to check, I just brought it in). As the list goes on, The key is missing, it needs a new headlight, the right handlebar is broken off but still attached and the front tire is bald.

Overall I bought this baby for $1400 and I plan to make it look like a beauty (some day). If yall could give me some advice with it, that would be fantastic! here are some pictures of it, and some ideas I have for it, and if you know how I may be able to solve some of these problems, please feel free to comment.

The bike now:
Attachment 42843

What I want it to look like when I'm done:
Attachment 42844

I want to get these headlights: (Obviously not the same headlight type but the idea)
Attachment 42845

Frame, engine, tranny, forks and all of the important things checked out fine, its just the cosmetic stuff now.

If you all know where I can find a cheap clip on handlebar please LET ME KNOW!

matt56us 12-09-2011 01:56 AM

Looks like ebay will be your best bet for alot of the things you need, also check out this websight Honda CBR Fairings - CBR 600RR/1000RR Honda Fairings - CBRFairings.com heard alot of good things about them

causeman8 12-09-2011 05:38 AM

^^^ I agree. Ebay is where I found alot of the stuff I needed for my build. Also check out the classified section on here some ppl on here may have a few extra parts lying around. Looks like you have a good foundation to start with.

bluebadger 12-09-2011 06:30 AM

dude, i envy u right now, looks like a great project, almost a blank canvas :)

U sure that's the fairings u want, love the colour scheme (my fav rugy league team colours) but u've got the option of something special for relatively the same cost now, like race replica ones or thos black with red flame ones look pretty decent too.

donnygeewebb 12-09-2011 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by causeman8 (Post 1117854)
^^^ I agree. Ebay is where I found alot of the stuff I needed for my build. Also check out the classified section on here some ppl on here may have a few extra parts lying around. Looks like you have a good foundation to start with.

Thanks man I'm hoping to make her look really good. I like the race replica fairings but I haven't found any that strike my eye and I really like the red/white combination myself. I haven't seen a whole lot of CBR's around here and the ones that I do see are black/red or silver/red. I want to stand out among the crowd. (another reason for the demon eyes too).

donnygeewebb 12-09-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by matt56us (Post 1117824)
Looks like ebay will be your best bet for alot of the things you need, also check out this websight Honda CBR Fairings - CBR 600RR/1000RR Honda Fairings - CBRFairings.com heard alot of good things about them

Thanks for the link matt, I actually found some on eBay that are the color I want and are injection mold for $250. :) I'm expecting to spend around $1000 or less to get it the way I want to. I'll post pictures either on this thread or a different one of it's new life progress. Y'all keep an eye out for them.

R Dub 12-09-2011 10:45 AM

As for the fairings I would stick to Delkevics, Auctmarts or CBRfairings.com. These are the 3 companies I have heard the best overall reviews about. I got a set of unpainted Delkevic fairings for my F4i and they fit great, but I can not comment on the paint quality. For the stator cover sounds like you need a new one. Go with OEM so you know if fits properly and they are fairly cheap. I changed mine out and it was simple to do. For the mirrors I went with OEM style ones off ebay. They did vibrate a bit more than OEM but overall still good and saved a good amount of money. Pilot Powers are a great tire and inexpensive. For the clip on, I would just go OEM. Will probably cost you about $115 new from Honda or you can check ebay: RIGHT SIDE CLIP-ON BAR 01-06 CBR600 CBR 600F4i F4i handlebar 02 03 04 05 | eBay. Good luck with the rebuild.

gotcbr 12-09-2011 12:28 PM

Looks like a good project bike. Congrats on finally getting one.

In addition to the recommendations for fairings that R Dub made...
Nicecycle fairings don't get mentioned much here but they are good quality option as well. They are running a $100 off set coupon Christmas sale right now. Motorcycle Fairings - Motorcycle Exhaust - Aftermarket Fairings - NiceCycle Yes, I've seen them in person & they look excellent...fit & finish is as good/better than oem.

Keep your wheel-hugger & paint it black or white to match your desired color scheme.

As for mirrors, CycleGear has a close oem copy of F4i mirrors (avail in black or faux CF).

As for your other maintenance needs, there are links to the online version of the factory Honda shop manual. It will walk thru steps.

Enjoy!

donnygeewebb 12-09-2011 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub (Post 1117887)
As for the fairings I would stick to Delkevics, Auctmarts or CBRfairings.com. These are the 3 companies I have heard the best overall reviews about. I got a set of unpainted Delkevic fairings for my F4i and they fit great, but I can not comment on the paint quality. For the stator cover sounds like you need a new one. Go with OEM so you know if fits properly and they are fairly cheap. I changed mine out and it was simple to do. For the mirrors I went with OEM style ones off ebay. They did vibrate a bit more than OEM but overall still good and saved a good amount of money. Pilot Powers are a great tire and inexpensive. For the clip on, I would just go OEM. Will probably cost you about $115 new from Honda or you can check ebay: RIGHT SIDE CLIP-ON BAR 01-06 CBR600 CBR 600F4i F4i handlebar 02 03 04 05 | eBay. Good luck with the rebuild.

Thanks man, that helped out alot. But the thing with the stator cover is, is that its not leaking from the scrape. ITs more toward the bottom around the seal, but again I havent had the chance to check it out thoroughly, but I will when I get home this afternoon. As with the fairings, let me see if i can find the fairings I was looking at, which will be hard because im not on my pc but I dont have anyting else better to do atm. And I was actually looking at that same clip on. Do you think it would work, look okay? this is my first honda and rebuild so im not too sure where to go with this, but theres always a first for everytihing. lol

donnygeewebb 12-09-2011 12:36 PM

Here we are..
Body Kit Fairing for Honda CBR600 CBR 600 F F4i 2001 2002 2003 AO | eBay