F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

need some advice on 01f4i

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice on 01f4i

well i pick up an 01 f4i again i was trying to wait till spring to pick up and 600rr but i just think i got a good deal on this thing. it was involved a low 5-10 low side the guy hit the gas while the tires were cold and then dumped it. he re did most of it not in a style i like. i took the bike to a dealer and let them take a look at it and they said the frame and motor were good. i offered him a grand for the thing and he took the deal. this was a freind of mine who has two harlys and just hates the thing and wanted it gone so im a 100% sure every thing is legitimet with it.

im gona sell every thing i dont want off the bike which is a lot and redo the whole thing back to almost oem.

*what specialty tools will i need to take the swing arm and motor out and where can i get them the honda dealer?

*also the i want to repaint the frame. is it powder coated or painted? also the plate/sticker on the frame with the vin number and year and stuff if i powder coat it will that damage that? and if so can i get another one from honda with the tittle and bike at the dealer?

*how do i hold the bike up while im removing the forks and swing arm?

* would you go oem plastics or with a abs kit off ebay? im leaning towards oem yes i know it will be alot more expensive but i really want to do this the right way and i have a feeling i just wont be happy with an ebay kit.

im pretty much trying to replicate this bike which was my old bike i think im gona go with stock exhuast though. can any one tell me who makes the offsets on the rearsets. when i bought it they were on the bike and i never took a good look at them.

when im able i try and get some pics of the new bike. it will probably a few weeks as i just dont have time to mess with it right now becuase of work.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need some advice on 01f4i

*what specialty tools will i need to take the swing arm and motor out and where can i get them the honda dealer?

*also the i want to repaint the frame. is it powder coated or painted? also the plate/sticker on the frame with the vin number and year and stuff if i powder coat it will that damage that? and if so can i get another one from honda with the tittle and bike at the dealer?

*how do i hold the bike up while im removing the forks and swing arm?

You will probably need to hang it from somewhere, Alot of people hang it from chains from the top of the garage.

* would you go oem plastics or with a abs kit off ebay? im leaning towards oem yes i know it will be alot more expensive but i really want to do this the right way and i have a feeling i just wont be happy with an ebay kit.

OEM accept no subsitute.

im pretty much trying to replicate this bike which was my old bike i think im gona go with stock exhuast though. can any one tell me who makes the offsets on the rearsets. when i bought it they were on the bike and i never took a good look at them.

There are sets on ebay 50 shipped