F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

need a new rear tire

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need a new rear tire

Hey Playful, I haven't had any time to make it to the track this year so thats probably why my tires have lasted me longer this season.

Klink as for your cords showing, there is the outer cords that you see and then there are the "inner cords" you haven't even come near those yet, you will be fine till the end of the season.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Stephens
Klink as for your cords showing, there is the outer cords that you see and then there are the "inner cords" you haven't even come near those yet, you will be fine till the end of the season.
you sure? i'll take a pic and post it when i get home. i know i don't have many days left but i want to get as many is as possible. i've been pouting all day today at work because it is an absolutely PERFECT day to ride

Old 11-07-2008, 04:57 PM

My first set that had cords showing, we burned them off in my driveway, lit it up so hard and then found out there was the inner cords. To be safe, get the new tires, I was just being cheap is why I didnt get mine. From now on, when I see the first sign of wear, I am online getting a new set.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:04 PM

to add.2ct's are pointless if any of your current tires have chicken strips.On the 2ct only the last 10% of the tire is a different compound.The rest of the tire is a standard pp.
I commute a lot and do mountains almost every week(as allowed).Key to long tire life is properly setup suspension and checking tire pressures.

On the f4i ive worn out three sets of tires in 21k miles.. oem 207's(ok for 7k),dunlop qualifers( sticky tire ,everything in check lasted 8k miles),diablo supersports(hard tire ,sticks ok,wont buy these again,maybe 6k on them and they are shot).
New set of bt-016's going on next weekend.Nothing but good things about these tires from other peaple.

Also another good tire is a pilot road2 dual compound.. road center with PP sides..THese worked great on my old sv1000s..

Lastly with the tire tech out there nowadays.Just about any current tire is better than most riders out there.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:24 PM

I have a set of Dunlop Qualifiers on my F4I and I am very happy with them.
They are priced very well and for me feel very confident inspiring.

I got my rear tire yesterday for $155+tax