F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

NEED HELP ASAP CLICKING NOISE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP ASAP CLICKING NOISE!

So I have a 2005 f4i and I went to the garage to start it and it started fine, it was smoking but it was a little cold and just started warming up. But I noticed my res light stayed on so I turned the bike off and lifted the tank up. Forgot to plug the plug in for the res light. hooked everything up and went to start it and it just clicks like 2 times then nothing sounds like its coming from the little box that has 2 metal clips screwed into it about the size of a 1inch by 1inch box. Red clip with a 30a fuse inside, all fuses are good. Whats wrong? Is this sensor out? I need help asap!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:41 PM
WOT
Default RE: NEED HELP ASAP CLICKING NOISE!

Did you check the battery connection?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:11 PM

Does the bike start again, the clicking you hear could be the battery is almost dead or is dead.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most probably you're hearing the starter relay clicking... that part should be normal, except you should hear the starter motor trying to turn the engine over next. try jumping it from a car with the ignition off.
if it turns then debug something else.
if the engine does not turn over, it could be flooded. the usual fix for this is to pull the plugs and run the starter, so that it shoots out whatever is inside through the plug hole (and sprays everywhere)

Old 08-15-2008, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: ampfp

most probably you're hearing the starter relay clicking... that part should be normal, except you should hear the starter motor trying to turn the engine over next. try jumping it from a car with the ignition off.
if it turns then debug something else.
if the engine does not turn over, it could be flooded. the usual fix for this is to pull the plugs and run the starter, so that it shoots out whatever is inside through the plug hole (and sprays everywhere)

good thoughts, except on the flooded engine part.. if your motor is hydrolocked like he is describing you will hear it TRY to turn over... you can check this by putting the bike a higher gear & rolling it backwards to move the pistons inside... just do it a foot or so & you then try to start it again.. if you hear the motor try to start but get locked up at the point where its trying to compress the liquid, then you know its hydrolocked & you need to do what d00d said about removing teh plugs & getting the gas out of the cylinders. i can help you with this part if you determine it is hydrolocked..

from what i'm reading, i dont believe its locked. if you disconnect that wire you connected for the reserve function, does it start then?

Old 08-15-2008, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: drdrewdown

from what i'm reading, i dont believe its locked. if you disconnect that wire you connected for the reserve function, does it start then?
Thats what im saying! Sounds like the battery got killed.