F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

need to get a Grip

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Pipa
Any longer than 40 mins on my bike and my hands go numb.....i think its mainly due to my old age but there must be a replacement grip I can use which will alleviate this problem. I have seen grip replacements range from $10 to $95 ...

Any experience and recommendations would be very appreciated
Sounds like you are putting too much weight on the wrists. Try and use your legs to support your upper body. Should be little to no weight on the bars, use them only to steer.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Foamies & Adjustable Bars or Genmars to raise your controls/bars

Old 08-24-2011, 12:26 AM

I have found that if you have a tire/wheel out of alignment can cause more vibration then normal. something to check once and awhile.

durning a 700 km ride my throttle hand was getting numb a lot faster then usual. got home and checked my alignment and it was off just a little.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by CBR Kelowna
I have found that if you have a tire/wheel out of alignment can cause more vibration then normal. something to check once and awhile.

durning a 700 km ride my throttle hand was getting numb a lot faster then usual. got home and checked my alignment and it was off just a little.
interesting.....my bike seems rock solid in terms of balance, it tracks very true and i feel completely confident in how its handling. How did you realize your alignment was off?

Old 08-24-2011, 08:40 PM

Used the old string trick. Bike road straight and only thing I noticed was my right hand got numb alot quicker. Talked to a buddy of mine about it and he helped me with a string trick he has known for a long time. basically ran a string from rear tire to front. i was not paying to much attention. but showed me what he saw. then we aligned the tire. He has been riding for 30 years. It was not out much but the rear tire was not aligned. made it true and now my hand is not getting numb on 2 hour rides (longest one i have been on since)

Old 08-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

X3 on the body positioning. You can get foamy grips, handle bar risers, heavy bar ends, padded gloves, ect. ect., or you can simply learn to ride properly and take the weight off the wrists.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:41 AM

Audi, what was the weight difference of those bar ends to stock?

Old 08-27-2011, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Audi, what was the weight difference of those bar ends to stock?
not sure of the exact number but its very noticeable. Here's a picture comparison of the aluminum stock vs. the steel Ebay barends.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:08 PM

Posted a somewhat similar question, something in this thread might be of help: https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...02-f4i-129672/ Good Luck.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:43 AM

Ive got the HVMP heavy bar ends, with progrip gel grips... that is all well and good, but I am tall with large hands. My solution, which was found just recently to be the best for another member is....

Tennis racket wrap... Specifically, wilsons, the kind with a tubing on them, comfort grip. One wrap per side, you will be left with a little extra to cut to make it fit, then use the tape it has with it to seal the end. That gives you a little bigger grip, possitive feel, but more vibration absorbency etc. In terms of control, I believe I have more in throttle and steering. Loved this on the 3 day trip to the Dragon. 640 miles, 350 miles, and another 640 back. Hands were great... butt on the other hand... lol...

Quick Reply: need to get a Grip