F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My Riding Progress Report:

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Riding Progress Report:

lmao jay, bubble wrap... what a genius hah. the weather is slowly getting nicer jay.. you know what that means man lol

Old 03-01-2008, 02:20 PM

Heres how i learned. Lucky me my dad is a priest and the church is a couple feet away so i had a parking lot close by to practice. Bought the bike, never rode in my life but tried once. I practiced in my driveway over and over how to take off smoothly and slowly. Then i took the bike in the parking lot and rode around for a couple hrs. After 2days i was riding around the neighborhood. Now i did end up going to the MSF but needed money so i saved up then went. Smartest thing ive ever done was take the MSF too. You learn counter balance, emergency brake blah blah blah.

#1 No matter how hot it is or how dorky you look WEAR YOUR GEAR. You only have one life, you only have one brain and trust me rashed up skin looks like ***. I see you have everything. Get some riding boots of some sort something that will protect your ankles.
#2 MSF is key. From never riding to being an experienced self taught.
#3 LOOK where you want to go ALWAYS. Your eyes should always be looking around EVERYWHERE. People suck and they don't care if they hit you.
#4 Frame sliders are more for FRAME protection then fairings. If your worried about your fairings take em off.
#5 Respect the bike AND the road. Don't underestimate gravel, wet leafs, etc etc.
#6 Be confident but not too confident. Don't ever hesitate to do something or you might end up on the road.
#7 Try getting on the highways during the day anywhere from 11-3 depending on your area to get comfortable. Get used to switching lanes, making quick lane changes if need be etc etc. Then once your comfortable you can ride during rush hours.

Ride safe, be smart, don't forget you have mirrors and ALWAYS look everywhere. Ahead, behind, sides, 360degrees. Keep the shiny side up.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F4i chick :you may look goofy w/ bw, but trust me.....if you're dropping the bike this will help ALOT! when my g/f dropped hers 4 times while learning....not a scratch (well, on the tail but a silver sharpie made it go away )

slip : quite being a puuuuuuuuuuss and just ride, lol. this weekend is nice, minus the wind...but still nice. HIT ME UUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey F4i chick.....if advice is what you're looking for.....click the link below. its alot to read, but if you've got the time it is all very helpful info from experienced riders on this forum.

https://cbrforum.com/m_360824/tm.htm

Old 03-02-2008, 12:06 PM

Jaynd thanks for the info. I saved it to my favorite... I may not have time to read it all at once... but I can read piece by piece!

Wow, everyone here has been so nice and informative! I am so glad I joined this forum! My husband found a Baja125 for cheap! I have been playing on that and it's nothing! LMAO.... I can do this... I will be riding my CBR in NO time!!

Thanks again to everyone! I will be updating in the next day or so to my Progress Report!