Go Back  CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > Past CBR Models > CBR 600 F4i > F4i - Main Forum
Reload this Page >

My miles per gallon test results, Are my forks messed up from wheelies?, Rear brake?

F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My miles per gallon test results, Are my forks messed up from wheelies?, Rear brake?

  #1  
Old 07-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 104
Default My miles per gallon test results, Are my forks messed up from wheelies?, Rear brake?

Hey guys so last week I decided to test how many miles per gallon I could get on my bike! I believe my bike is all stock except a micron exhaust and I am not sure but I think a bigger rear sprocket. When my reserve light came on I put 2.71 gallons of gas and was able to go 120.5 miles when the reserve came on! that is about 44 Miles per gallon! What do you guys normally get? I shift at around 3 to 4k but it was so fun!

Second question! Okay so today I just discovered how to do wheelies! I dont use the clutch just power wheelie pretty much! I accelerate hard to about 8k RPMs, release the throttle then gun it hard and the front just lifts up! it was pretty awesome! I couldn't stop smiling and laughing! and of course it was all done on private roads! The only problem is I slam down pretty hard! I dont know how to control the wheelie! came up about 3 feet maybe and I slam pretty hard cause I get off the throttle quickly. Hurt my nutz also but it was worth it. Should I stop doing this because it can harm my front forks?

Last question is when I had my bike serviced, the mechanic said I needed new rear brake pads soon. I am not sure what are good, but saw these off ebay! are they good enough? Honda CBR F4/CBR 600 Sport F4i 01-06 Brake Pads Rear | eBay

Thanks a lot guys! and Happy Fourth of JULY! I also included pics of my MPG test!
 
Attached Thumbnails My miles per gallon test results, Are my forks messed up from wheelies?, Rear brake?-photo0213.jpg   My miles per gallon test results, Are my forks messed up from wheelies?, Rear brake?-photo0214.jpg  
  #2  
Old 07-04-2011, 08:59 PM
F34Me?'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 573
Default

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise View Post
Hey guys so last week I decided to test how many miles per gallon I could get on my bike! I believe my bike is all stock except a micron exhaust and I am not sure but I think a bigger rear sprocket. When my reserve light came on I put 2.71 gallons of gas and was able to go 120.5 miles when the reserve came on! that is about 44 Miles per gallon! What do you guys normally get? I shift at around 3 to 4k but it was so fun!
You will need more than a single gas ticket and odometer reading to get a real idea of what sort of milage you are getting. My F4i gets 38-39 MPG highway. That is pretty consistant, some here claim up to 45.

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise View Post
Second question! Okay so today I just discovered how to do wheelies! I dont use the clutch just power wheelie pretty much! I accelerate hard to about 8k RPMs, release the throttle then gun it hard and the front just lifts up! it was pretty awesome! I couldn't stop smiling and laughing! and of course it was all done on private roads! The only problem is I slam down pretty hard! I dont know how to control the wheelie! came up about 3 feet maybe and I slam pretty hard cause I get off the throttle quickly. Hurt my nutz also but it was worth it. Should I stop doing this because it can harm my front forks?
No, you won't hurt the bike by doing the wheelies, but you will hurt the bike when you fall off of an uncontrolled wheelie. Even the pro's don't do power wheelies. They come up randomly and create more problems than clutched wheellies. Learn to do them right or don't do them at all.

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise View Post
Last question is when I had my bike serviced, the mechanic said I needed new rear brake pads soon. I am not sure what are good, but saw these off ebay! are they good enough? Honda CBR F4/CBR 600 Sport F4i 01-06 Brake Pads Rear | eBay
Yes.

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise View Post
Thanks a lot guys! and Happy Fourth of JULY! I also included pics of my MPG test!
Go blow something up!
 
  #3  
Old 07-04-2011, 09:05 PM
F34Me?'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 573
Default

Also, read here:

Sixity - Driving Performance > Brake Pads, EBC, Ceramic, Sintered, Organic, Kevlar, Carbon, FA299, FA69

You can probably save some money. But that is your call!
 
  #4  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 234
Default

My res lights come on at 120 miles aslo but I always put in 3.5 gallons. I cruise at 5.5k rpms cause everyone knows the girls like loud bikes


Moses
 
  #5  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington DC area
Posts: 2,419
Default

Don't chop the throttle when doing a wheelie. Just keep a consistent amount of throttle eventually the bike will lower itself.
 
  #6  
Old 07-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Zero1080's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,185
Default

Power "thru" the wheelie. If you go up and cut the throttle, you're going to go down as hard as you closed it. If you take it smooth the entire time, it'll be a smoother wheelie.
 
  #7  
Old 07-05-2011, 03:29 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 104
Default

Nate and Zero : Kk I will try that out tomorrow. I didnt know the F4Is power is from 7k and up. I tried to gun it at 5k and will only come up a couple of inches! but I was feeling brave earlier and I felt the power of the bike! its amazing! Will it damage my bike though? I heard the F4Is are the number one stunt bikes!
 
  #8  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 AM
Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 68
Default

learn to use the clutch, its way safer than power wheelies. Yes f4i's are tanks and are very good stuntbikes, sounds like your powering in 1st which is why your slamming down, the engine brake is very strong in 1st. Before you go down be sure and put some protection on your bike and make sure you put some on yourself. Also if you play with wheelies expect to wreck cuz you prolly will. I'm recovering from a flipped stoppie right now. It's just part of the stunt game.
 
  #9  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mesa AZ
Posts: 2,024
Default

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise View Post
Hey guys so last week I decided to test how many miles per gallon I could get on my bike! I believe my bike is all stock except a micron exhaust and I am not sure but I think a bigger rear sprocket. When my reserve light came on I put 2.71 gallons of gas and was able to go 120.5 miles when the reserve came on! that is about 44 Miles per gallon! What do you guys normally get? I shift at around 3 to 4k but it was so fun!
I normally get between 45-50mpg with about 1/2-2/3rds being freeway 85mph/7000rpm. I too shift around 4k most of the time.

Second question! Okay so today I just discovered how to do wheelies! I dont use the clutch just power wheelie pretty much! I accelerate hard to about 8k RPMs, release the throttle then gun it hard and the front just lifts up! it was pretty awesome! I couldn't stop smiling and laughing! and of course it was all done on private roads! The only problem is I slam down pretty hard! I dont know how to control the wheelie! came up about 3 feet maybe and I slam pretty hard cause I get off the throttle quickly. Hurt my nutz also but it was worth it. Should I stop doing this because it can harm my front forks?
Wow.... 9 sentences in a row ending with a !. Perhaps a bit exsessive.....Anyways yes slamming the forks down hurts them eventually. When you wheelie you control with your rear brake, not the throttle.

As for your last question, I would never buy no name pads from ebay even though its just the rear brake [which is almost useless]. Stock pads are under $30 so I just don't see the point on skimping.
 
  #10  
Old 07-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 104
Default

My bad I got kind of excited and wanted to hurry with my question. Anyway I am thinking of buying those Galfer brake pads. I know its a noob question but will it fit my F4I? I saw its like Nissin brakes or something.

And with wheelie. I am just starting out and practicing.
01-06 Honda CBR600 F4i Galfer Rear Brake Pads | eBay
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My miles per gallon test results, Are my forks messed up from wheelies?, Rear brake?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.