CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   My miles per gallon test results, Are my forks messed up from wheelies?, Rear brake? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-miles-per-gallon-test-results-my-forks-messed-up-wheelies-rear-brake-127807/)

DevilInDisguise 07-04-2011 08:46 PM

My miles per gallon test results, Are my forks messed up from wheelies?, Rear brake?

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys so last week I decided to test how many miles per gallon I could get on my bike! I believe my bike is all stock except a micron exhaust and I am not sure but I think a bigger rear sprocket. When my reserve light came on I put 2.71 gallons of gas and was able to go 120.5 miles when the reserve came on! that is about 44 Miles per gallon! What do you guys normally get? I shift at around 3 to 4k but it was so fun!

Second question! Okay so today I just discovered how to do wheelies! I dont use the clutch just power wheelie pretty much! I accelerate hard to about 8k RPMs, release the throttle then gun it hard and the front just lifts up! it was pretty awesome! I couldn't stop smiling and laughing! and of course it was all done on private roads! The only problem is I slam down pretty hard! I dont know how to control the wheelie! came up about 3 feet maybe and I slam pretty hard cause I get off the throttle quickly. Hurt my nutz also but it was worth it. Should I stop doing this because it can harm my front forks?

Last question is when I had my bike serviced, the mechanic said I needed new rear brake pads soon. I am not sure what are good, but saw these off ebay! are they good enough? Honda CBR F4/CBR 600 Sport F4i 01-06 Brake Pads Rear | eBay

Thanks a lot guys! and Happy Fourth of JULY! I also included pics of my MPG test!

F34Me? 07-04-2011 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise (Post 1075106)
Hey guys so last week I decided to test how many miles per gallon I could get on my bike! I believe my bike is all stock except a micron exhaust and I am not sure but I think a bigger rear sprocket. When my reserve light came on I put 2.71 gallons of gas and was able to go 120.5 miles when the reserve came on! that is about 44 Miles per gallon! What do you guys normally get? I shift at around 3 to 4k but it was so fun!

You will need more than a single gas ticket and odometer reading to get a real idea of what sort of milage you are getting. My F4i gets 38-39 MPG highway. That is pretty consistant, some here claim up to 45.

Second question! Okay so today I just discovered how to do wheelies! I dont use the clutch just power wheelie pretty much! I accelerate hard to about 8k RPMs, release the throttle then gun it hard and the front just lifts up! it was pretty awesome! I couldn't stop smiling and laughing! and of course it was all done on private roads! The only problem is I slam down pretty hard! I dont know how to control the wheelie! came up about 3 feet maybe and I slam pretty hard cause I get off the throttle quickly. Hurt my nutz also but it was worth it. Should I stop doing this because it can harm my front forks?

No, you won't hurt the bike by doing the wheelies, but you will hurt the bike when you fall off of an uncontrolled wheelie. Even the pro's don't do power wheelies. They come up randomly and create more problems than clutched wheellies. Learn to do them right or don't do them at all.

Last question is when I had my bike serviced, the mechanic said I needed new rear brake pads soon. I am not sure what are good, but saw these off ebay! are they good enough? Honda CBR F4/CBR 600 Sport F4i 01-06 Brake Pads Rear | eBay

Yes.

Thanks a lot guys! and Happy Fourth of JULY! I also included pics of my MPG test!

Go blow something up!

F34Me? 07-04-2011 09:05 PM

Also, read here:

Sixity - Driving Performance > Brake Pads, EBC, Ceramic, Sintered, Organic, Kevlar, Carbon, FA299, FA69

You can probably save some money. But that is your call!

WiSH2oo0 07-04-2011 11:17 PM

My res lights come on at 120 miles aslo but I always put in 3.5 gallons. I cruise at 5.5k rpms cause everyone knows the girls like loud bikes :icon_bubbles:

Moses

NateDieselF4i 07-04-2011 11:56 PM

Don't chop the throttle when doing a wheelie. Just keep a consistent amount of throttle eventually the bike will lower itself.

Zero1080 07-05-2011 01:35 AM

Power "thru" the wheelie. If you go up and cut the throttle, you're going to go down as hard as you closed it. If you take it smooth the entire time, it'll be a smoother wheelie.

DevilInDisguise 07-05-2011 03:29 AM

Nate and Zero : Kk I will try that out tomorrow. I didnt know the F4Is power is from 7k and up. I tried to gun it at 5k and will only come up a couple of inches! but I was feeling brave earlier and I felt the power of the bike! its amazing! Will it damage my bike though? I heard the F4Is are the number one stunt bikes!

rjgraves84 07-05-2011 06:29 AM

learn to use the clutch, its way safer than power wheelies. Yes f4i's are tanks and are very good stuntbikes, sounds like your powering in 1st which is why your slamming down, the engine brake is very strong in 1st. Before you go down be sure and put some protection on your bike and make sure you put some on yourself. Also if you play with wheelies expect to wreck cuz you prolly will. I'm recovering from a flipped stoppie right now. It's just part of the stunt game.

boredandstroked 07-05-2011 06:37 PM

I normally get between 45-50mpg with about 1/2-2/3rds being freeway 85mph/7000rpm. I too shift around 4k most of the time.

Wow.... 9 sentences in a row ending with a !. Perhaps a bit exsessive.....Anyways yes slamming the forks down hurts them eventually. When you wheelie you control with your rear brake, not the throttle.

As for your last question, I would never buy no name pads from ebay even though its just the rear brake [which is almost useless]. Stock pads are under $30 so I just don't see the point on skimping.

DevilInDisguise 07-05-2011 07:38 PM

My bad I got kind of excited and wanted to hurry with my question. Anyway I am thinking of buying those Galfer brake pads. I know its a noob question but will it fit my F4I? I saw its like Nissin brakes or something.

And with wheelie. I am just starting out and practicing.
01-06 Honda CBR600 F4i Galfer Rear Brake Pads | eBay