F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

mod bitten

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mod bitten

at first when i bought the bike it was rather damaged. i had some mod parts and made it to it's current state

even after that i had a thought that it's already a lot of money in mods.
i thought i will stop. i thought i like my stock exhaust and won't experience the shimmy and wobbling. and i almost didn't experience such things. but now i bought the shindy steering damper, new puig hugger instead of old one which was yana shiki and totally sucked ***. i was arguing with myself about the exhausts. i don't like loud exhausts and my stock sound satisfied me totally, but on ebay yesterday i've seen the fmf powercore bronze titanium exhaust , opened and searched youtube and bought it 3 minutes later. am i not normal?[]

Old 05-15-2008, 04:13 AM
Default RE: mod bitten

youre perfectly normal...if you have the same impulses as that but with cars, bikes, car parts, bikes parts, shoes, clothes, collectibles, aquarium accessories like me...theeeeeen youre not normal...lol...nice looking bike btw...

Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 AM

oh noes i seem to be a bit more normal than you!j/k
but still here is the car..

thanks, i'll be trying to compete in rotm's when i get finished with it. well, at least mirrors and gold accents should arrive soon and then we'll see

Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 PM

man, I remembered when you first posted the bike, and I still can't believe how fast you got it built up, and how sweet it looks. All I can say is well done! As far as the mods, as long as you like what you're doing to the bike, that's all that matters (and if you can afford it lol)

Old 05-21-2008, 09:44 PM

nice tib...4 banger or V6? excuse my ignorance, but are you guys pretty big on motorsports in ukraine?

Old 05-22-2008, 02:17 AM

ORIGINAL: kneepuck oo envy

nice tib...4 banger or V6? excuse my ignorance, but are you guys pretty big on motorsports in ukraine?
it's i4 previously custom turboed by me (you can see intercooler in bumper)

it wasn't too pretty underhood and having the preference to the bikes and the cost of fuel going up i just took it off and sold it as a whole kit..
i didn't quite understand what you mean, personally me not too much, i have some authority and have couple nice projects, done and under way, it's a long way to go and not many of dumb people understand honest business , not selling turbo-timers , oil catch tanks , manifolds cracking once in a month and monster big turbos. we have quarter mile drag only, but i try to do all-round performance cars.

i have now not too pleasant story going on with the bike. i bought a fmf powercore s slip-on (and it just ROCKS!) and in process of installing it. when i first got the bike, the slip-on flange between the header and the midpipe was beaten up too much, we tried bending it back and using exhaust cement, but still got no chance to stop exhaust leak, so guys took the piece of a slightly bigger pipe , welded it on, and fnally slipped the stock exhaust on it without leaks. now having titanium midpipe 4mm (1/6") less in diameter than the pipe of the header forces to take much apart, header off ,cut whole that piece out, weld new one and only then install the slip-on already. it's a lot of work where i didn't expect it[:'(]

but let me tell you once again. fmf is freaking sweet... round-to oval shape, square shaped core , repackable, partially titanium. weight s like a feather, sexy looking. i'm still under impression, i'll get pics when finish with it..