F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirrors

I recently purchased a 2006 CBR 600 F4I. While riding I am unable to see behind me. Is it possible to purchase mirror extenders? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by BamaGuyF4I; 01-22-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 PM

I dont use mirrors because i run block plates. But i know motosport.com did sell them at one time. I would try shifting your body first and see how that works for you.. I am a heavy guy and thats what i did when i did run mirrors.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:01 PM

the mirrors , in my opinion, were designed to be used in full or even half tuck otherwise i just see my arms..so +1 on changing your body position

Old 01-22-2010, 11:02 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Yes you can get mirror extenders. They should be easily found on Ebay or motorcycle part websites.

You should be able to see quite a bit around you with good mirror positioning, though. Unless you're like abnormally wide. It's also common to need to shift an elbow out of the way momentarily to get full view. I'd suggest playing around with it as much as possible before purchasing extenders. But sometimes they are quite useful.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in most cases ppl think they can just sit still like they do in a car. As that may be true on a cruiser, its def not true for sportbikes. Learn to move ppl, learn to move!!!

And in most states its illegal to not have mirrors

Old 01-22-2010, 11:50 PM

when i had mirrors i would have to move my body a bit to see. i feel more comfortable w/o them tho. perfer to just look for myself.

you dont have to have mirrors or blinkers in mo, anyone know what the laws are in az?im moving there next week...

Old 01-23-2010, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by motorhorse
when i had mirrors i would have to move my body a bit to see. i feel more comfortable w/o them tho. perfer to just look for myself.

you dont have to have mirrors or blinkers in mo, anyone know what the laws are in az?im moving there next week...
the AMA has a page with each states laws. When changing lanes etc I look back too, but at lights in traffic etc you can be looking behind you all the time, thus mirrors come in handy to keep tabs on all the non-attention paying cagers

Old 01-23-2010, 07:51 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by motorhorse

rules are meant to be bent and broken lol thats why they made them in the first place

technically my headlights arent legal.... but i know ill never get pulled over for it.... and no exhaust change at all is legal in most states but everyone does it anyway.... idk around there but around here as long as your following the traffic laws and not doing stupid stuff around the cops you wont get pulled over...

Old 01-23-2010, 10:16 AM

I just readjusted my mirrors. Now all I have to do is tuck my elbow slightly to see behind me.
Zmds...rules are made to make money for the gov'ment, not to keep order or for safety.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
I just readjusted my mirrors. Now all I have to do is tuck my elbow slightly to see behind me.
Zmds...rules are made to make money for the gov'ment, not to keep order or for safety.
normally I would agree with this but not in this case for the reasons I posted above

Quick Reply: Mirrors