F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Mirror Options...Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by causeman8
Thats what I was wondering. I have brand new lockhart phillips bar ends on my bike and I was worried about having to take one of them off for the mirror. That was one of the reasons steering me away from bar end mirrors, besides the visibility. I checked out D2 Moto's bar end mirros that you have and they seem very reasonably priced. Im prolly going to order those later tonight. Thanks!
no problem...just another note. i live in south ga, and they shipped from california to my house in 2 days...

Old 09-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cnicosiaF4i
I have d2moto integrated turn signal mirrors. They work fine, leds are bright enough to see during the day and they look good. They vibrated alot at first but I put rubber washers in with all the screws and that helped. In my opinion you can never have to many turn signals, but its your bike and your call.
Universal Black Integrated Motorcycle Racing Mirrors for Street Bikes

I got them on sale for $25 a couple of months ago. 50 is a little steep though
Those are what I have; mine bend in when I'm on the freeway and the wind hits them. Does that happen to yours, or have you solved it?

Old 09-21-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by vegas_rebel
Those are what I have; mine bend in when I'm on the freeway and the wind hits them. Does that happen to yours, or have you solved it?
Yes its kind of a pain, it happens to me at around 80+. One side does it more than the other. As long as I'm not haulin *** or on a bumpy road they're fine.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:26 AM

I had a set of those universal integrated mirrors from a HK ebay seller. Looked cool but they were total crap and literally fell apart, vibrated like hell, and would never stay in place. Put the stock ones back on after a week.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:19 PM

Man, is there a good aftermarket solution? I also want new mirrors. I have wide shoulders and can't see past them, would love integrated turn signals, but looking at the pick how do they install on the F4i? Anyone have a few images of how they were installed?

Old 09-21-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
I had a set of those universal integrated mirrors from a HK ebay seller. Looked cool but they were total crap and literally fell apart, vibrated like hell, and would never stay in place. Put the stock ones back on after a week.
OEM is far better but my left one broke, thought I'd give these a try and so far they both are still in one piece and they have been on the bike since April. Rubber washers with all the screws help with the vibration. Yes they are definitely cheaply made.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dragondima
Man, is there a good aftermarket solution? I also want new mirrors. I have wide shoulders and can't see past them, would love integrated turn signals, but looking at the pick how do they install on the F4i? Anyone have a few images of how they were installed?
There is a base plate that bolts / screws into the OEM holes through the nose fairing into the gauge holder. Then there's a notched pivoting point on the mirrors that screws into the base plate. If you replace the bolts it comes with with some screws from the hardware store it's a really easy install.

I superglued the pivot point at the base of the mirror and it's more or less gotten rid of the folding problem and doesn't look too bad. I do need to reapply the glue every so often when it breaks, tho.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:44 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Targa makes pretty nice ones with very little vibrations....just a thought.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life
Targa makes pretty nice ones with very little vibrations....just a thought.
I checked out the ones that Targa makes but $110 for mirrors is a little much imo. Decided to go with D2Moto's bar end mirrors. Do you have personal experience with Targa's mirrors? I do like how they are adjustable though.