F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Mirror Options...Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror Options...Help!!

Ok so I'm not to fond of the mirrors on my f4i and am wanting a little different look. Just really dont like how much they stick out. Maybe not the smartest move but I am willing to sacrifice a better view for a better looking mirror and of course a combination of both would be the best. Let me know what you guys think and post pics of your aftermarket mirrors please!! Heres a couple options that I am looking at...

1. Bar end mirrors.

2. Ducati mirrors. Is there a write up on how to do this and Im just not finding it??? Is it just bolt up and go?

3. Shorty mirrors that I found on ebay. I am leaning more towards these. Look pretty similar to the existing ones just a little bit shorter. If anybody has these what are your thoughts/opinions on these and post pics please.
Honda CBR 600 F4 F4i RC51 JET BLACK SHORTY MIRRORS | eBay

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:10 AM

A friend of mine has the barend mirrors on his yamaha fz6 and he HATES them.. he said the visibility is really poor.

as for ducati mirrors, they make somewhat similar aftermarket ones: CBR 600 F4 F4i CBR 600RR 1000RR 929RR 954RR Black LED Signal Mirrors :: Honda :: Mirrors :: Xtreme Discount Cycle

the shorty mirrors may have poor visibility.. can't say for sure as I don't have any experience with them.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:05 AM

Yeah i would imagine that the barend mirrors would have really bad visability. Another thing that I did not take into consideration is the integrated turn signals. I already have to turn signals up front so I really dont like the idea of integrated signals in the mirrors. To many blinkers up front imo. I may try out the shorty mirrors that I found. Wish I could see some pics of them installed on a bike so I can get an idea of what they would look like.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:21 PM

I have d2moto integrated turn signal mirrors. They work fine, leds are bright enough to see during the day and they look good. They vibrated alot at first but I put rubber washers in with all the screws and that helped. In my opinion you can never have to many turn signals, but its your bike and your call.
Universal Black Integrated Motorcycle Racing Mirrors for Street Bikes

I got them on sale for $25 a couple of months ago. 50 is a little steep though

Old 09-20-2011, 05:15 PM

i have the bar end mirrors from d2moto and i like them just fine. i only have the left one on at the moment, and i can see just fine out of it. just my 2 cents though...

Old 09-20-2011, 05:40 PM

I appreciate the feedback guys.

Originally Posted by cpark_12
i have the bar end mirrors from d2moto and i like them just fine. i only have the left one on at the moment, and i can see just fine out of it. just my 2 cents though...
Do you have any pics with it installed? Just curious how it looks on an f4i. Thanks

Old 09-20-2011, 06:53 PM

yea, i'll load them up right quick

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/h...919_194708.jpg

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/h...9.jpg&newest=1

here ya go...i'll get one with more of the bike in it

Last edited by cpark_12; 09-20-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the pics I appreciate it! Might actually look better than I had imagined it would have..and if you can still see out of it pretty good then I think I will prolly end up going that route.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:20 PM

there's a little vibration while going down the road, but no more than stock. i mounted mine as the bar end, but it also has an option to mount it around the existing bar end.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by cpark_12
there's a little vibration while going down the road, but no more than stock. i mounted mine as the bar end, but it also has an option to mount it around the existing bar end.
Thats what I was wondering. I have brand new lockhart phillips bar ends on my bike and I was worried about having to take one of them off for the mirror. That was one of the reasons steering me away from bar end mirrors, besides the visibility. I checked out D2 Moto's bar end mirros that you have and they seem very reasonably priced. Im prolly going to order those later tonight. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Mirror Options...Help!!