F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Lowering bike for my girl - Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine rides an 01 F4i that I've lowered in the rear only. Its nearly 3" lower than stock and rides just fine for her. Nearly 2" has been cut from the kickstand. It has alot more rake to it now but for someone new to riding its not a bad thing. Steering is a little slower but is more stable at high speed. Soupy's Performance lowering link is what you want to use. Install it once and make infinate adjustments up or down with a wrench. With the other styles, its 1" lower or 3" lower. No in between and is you want to change it, you have to tear it back down again. Available on ebay or direct thru Soupy's.

Last edited by luckboxx74; 06-14-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
BMW has the "I'M A NOOB" controls built in, remember? Traction control, ABS and anti-wheelie controls.
Did you just call me a n00b Kuro??!?!?

Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nex
I'd have to side with the BMW over the Ducati Although, I've gotta agree about the paint job: Who's idea was it to paint the thing Pea Green? I like the Red, White, and Blue Zmds posted. Anyhow, Hope you get that Ducati Nate, it's all about what you want to ride
Come'on Nex... you know this Ducati is sexy.

Attached Thumbnails Lowering bike for my girl - Pics.-ducati-848.jpg  
Old 06-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Did you just call me a n00b Kuro??!?!?
Nah. But if there was a liter bike I'd go get, it's the S1000. Track schools around the country are using them for their beginner course, including Keith Code's California Superbike School. And pretty much every review has come back saying the bike does everything in its capacity to keep things tame until you dial it up.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:05 AM

I had a friend with a lowered Gixxer 750, lowering a bike really takes out the handling aspect of a motorcycle. But man do what your lady would like best. If she is a safe rider, and she would prefer having most of her feet on the ground and she would like to ride the F4i then go for the lowering. Or prefers a 250, which is perfect in height and weight for smaller people then do it man.
Its pretty cool u have a lady that can ride with you.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:06 AM

I say make sure she is able to hold up the bike if she is leaning it to one side if you decide not to lower it. Other than that make sure the boots are good riding boots (not just for looks) make sure they wont get stuck on the pegs lol
OR just buy a comfortable passenger seat.....
BUT the best suggestion I've heard was the side cart!! If thats possible on an f4i please let me know because that has awesomeness written all over it!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:41 AM

IM pretty short myself at 5'3 and i cant flatfoot either. i can tippy toe both feet though so its not too bad. the only problem i have with just leaning the bike over, is when im really tired from work i get pretty bad leg cramps and when i put my foot down to lean it over, my leg has given out sometimes haha. luckily i was able to keep the new paint off the ground, but if i could flat foot my bike it wouldnt even be an issue. just my 2c

Old 06-16-2010, 04:15 PM

Well thanks guys - we're gonna hit up coleman's have her try out the Ninja 250 (the seat height is around 30") and see how she likes that seat height / bike etc.

I might put some adjustable lowering links on as have been advised and lower it an 1" front and back which should bring the F4i down around that level. That with some boots we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 06-16-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Nex

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Come'on Nex... you know this Ducati is sexy.
Alright Nate, you got me....that is a sexy lookin Ducati

Old 06-16-2010, 10:30 PM

Speaking of that Duc, have you guys ever ridden a V-twin? did you like it?

Quick Reply: Lowering bike for my girl - Pics.