F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Lowering bike for my girl - Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering bike for my girl - Pics.

Alright gang.

I might be purchasing a new Ducati 848 here soon and was thinking about keeping my '02 F4i for my girlfriend. She's a little over 5'2 and i'd have to lower the bike obviously.

I included a pic of where her foot reaches - granted its in sandals but whatever, gives you a fairly good idea.

Is it doable? How much can I safely lower the bike? She wouldn't be hitting the twisties hard or anything.

Thanks.

Nate

Attached Thumbnails Lowering bike for my girl - Pics.-ssfoot.jpg  
Old 06-13-2010, 05:49 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

hey bro u can throw some 2" lowering links on there... 2" lower and shed be on the ***** of her feet rather than her toes... i know alot of guys that prefer that... and ide say its safe... i know alot of people make lowering links...

vortex ones are pretty nice.... ive installed them b4 i cant say anything about the other brands though... here is a easy fix

lol jp...

Old 06-13-2010, 06:23 PM

I wouldn't ever lower a bike.. My opinion the bike is designed as it is for a reason. Lowering for one will cause the bike and suspension to handle much differently (know by experience) and also you will have less clearance around turns. My wife is just about the same height. I wont ever lower anything for her, if she can touch she can ride it. You dont touch the ground when your riding anyways do you? lol

2 suggestions. Find a bike for shorter people, or buy her some boots that help her touch a bit more.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:29 PM

I was thinking one of the new 09 or 10 Ninja 250's. I might take her up to a local place this weekend to have her sit on one.

And zmd - she probably would try to ride in those. These are her favorite boots to wear on the back of Isabelle.

Attached Thumbnails Lowering bike for my girl - Pics.-early-2010-051.jpg  
Old 06-13-2010, 07:31 PM

Even the 250s have a higher seat height at least in my opinion they do. It sucks in the sport world they dont make them for shorter people. Theres only a few options for the vertically impaired a buel blast well.. I guess thats it lol Or a cruiser. Id say which is also my plan.. find something small and less desirable, let her learn. Upgrade later. Once she has the idea.. she wont need to flat foot.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I was thinking one of the new 09 or 10 Ninja 250's. I might take her up to a local place this weekend to have her sit on one.

And zmd - she probably would try to ride in those. These are her favorite boots to wear on the back of Isabelle.
Well she can always investigate Icon's Hella boot line for women. Dunno about the protective qualities of them. But they have a pretty good heel on them.

Might try sending Elfling or pitsvtec (sic) a PM since you can't post in the Ladies Lounge. Or get her to sign up. Other possibles are shaving the seat or trying a different one.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:42 PM

lowering the bike may change its handling characteristics but if she is learning to ride then its not like itll feel any different to her...

since shell have nothing to compare it to

Old 06-13-2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18
lowering the bike may change its handling characteristics but if she is learning to ride then its not like itll feel any different to her...

since shell have nothing to compare it to
Id honestly change your statement from change its handling to decrease its handling characteristics. Just think of how the bike was designed frame shape, rake, trail.. lowering it in just the rear think of how that effects the steering. Thats just how I feel.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by xjoewhitex
Id honestly change your statement from change its handling to decrease its handling characteristics. Just think of how the bike was designed frame shape, rake, trail.. lowering it in just the rear think of how that effects the steering. Thats just how I feel.
and you could very well be correct... im not at all disagreeing with you man, im just sayin if he doesnt want to go through the hassle of selling the bike and trying to get the new one (if he is partial to his f4i) just tryin to give him some options...

Old 06-13-2010, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18
and you could very well be correct... im not at all disagreeing with you man, im just sayin if he doesnt want to go through the hassle of selling the bike and trying to get the new one (if he is partial to his f4i) just tryin to give him some options...
Same here just don't want to see anyone get hurt.. I don't trust them things, all my friends that ride with me that has had them. I personally took them off.. anti lowering **** I am.

Quick Reply: Lowering bike for my girl - Pics.