F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Looking for a good F4i PC map!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good F4i PC map!

I have an '05 CBR600 F4i, running a Jardine RT-1 w/race baffle, stock airbox and gearing, running GS full sythetic(no moly, made for cycles and wet-clutch OK).

I ordered a K&N filter as well but decided against using it at this time due to so many people recommending against it, that on this bike it tends to take away power...

I just installed a PCIII USB that came preprogrammed with Dynojet's map for that pipe. It did add a bit of punch to my mid-range. It starts making good power quite a bit lower in the rev range. I thought at first that I had lost a bit of power on top, but now that I think about it, I think that perhaps I was used to a weaker mid-range, so when it hit 10k and up, there was a more pronounced surge or rush.

I think that because it is making more power earlier, there is less of a transition once I hit the higher ranges on the tach.

That said, I plan to have the bike custom-mapped by a reputable shop, but that won't happen for a few weeks.

Does anyone have access to a good map for my config that might be better than the default map from Dynojet, that I can play around with while I am waiting for my appointment at the local speed tuning shop?

I have Googled for hours but have come up with nothing.

Any help would be most welcome, thanks!