F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Looking to buy... Finally

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy... Finally

hey
ive been checking out this forum for some time now (even tho i dont have a bike yet) but im finally ready to get one. For some reason ive always been partial to the CBR's idk y ive just always liked them more. Ive kinda got set in my mind that i would like around an 01-03 F4i because it has the newer model headlights (as opposed to the F3's and such) and it has the split seat (as opposed to the 04's and higher. Im not sure exactly what year the seat started being a one peice, but im pretty sure its the 04, either way... i was looking to spend between 3500 and low 4000's. Do you think this is realistic? I know i can find deals like this on ebay but i was also wondering if you guys recommended buying a bike off ebay because i know it can be risky so any info./guidance you guys can give me would be appreciated. Also if you know anyone with a deal close to what im looking for around the Indiana area let me know. Thanks.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Default RE: Looking to buy... Finally

My brother bought one and sold another bike on E-bay so it can be done, but both were close enough that we could physically look at the bike in question.
Look in your local Craigslist and CycleTrader.com for the best deals in your area. The price sounds about right, hold out and you'll get what you want. Dont buy the first bike you see, take your time and bargain. If you aren't rushed, you have a lot on your side. This is the time of year too......come spring the same bike will generally bring $500 more than it will now.
If you look hard enough you will find what you want.
I would stay away from anything you can't see or hear run or that looks like it was neglected. Dont worry about miles.....I would rather buy a 30,000 mile bike that has been taken care of over a 5,000 mile beat up learner bike with no maintenance.
If it's safety wired.......walk away unless you want a race bike.
The closer to stock it is generally the better off you will be as well.

Good luck man. Check those two places first........ebay as a last resort.....there are much better deals to be had than on E-Bay.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:22 PM

well......i have just the thing for you.........i know this guy and hes a good guy, and this bike at a killer price:

click here

And you get the added bonus of a roadtrip to Kansas City!!!.....anyway, your price range is definatley reasonable, and the year bike you are lookin at is a good choice for an f4i. I wish you luck in your bike buying. If you need anymore info or need help getting this bike to you, lmk.....jeremy should be awesome to deal with though, from what i know of him.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:23 PM

Im the same way. Im just reading and posting in the forum. Learning what i can. Im purchasing a bike this spring. Looking at a 02 cbr f4i or a 600rr. idk yet. Theres some places around milwaukee that are sellin them for a decent price. Im just trying to sell my car right now so i can have the money for the bike in the spring.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: F4i_brandon

Im the same way. Im just reading and posting in the forum. Learning what i can. Im purchasing a bike this spring. Looking at a 02 cbr f4i or a 600rr. idk yet. Theres some places around milwaukee that are sellin them for a decent price. Im just trying to sell my car right now so i can have the money for the bike in the spring.
thats cool... and my name is also brandon haha we got all kindsa stuff in common, lol.

and thanks for the replies gix and travs. If itll probably be a week and a half or two until i actually have the money to buy one but if your guy jeremy still has his ill consider it, it sounds like a good deal but like trav said, i would like to be able to see/hear/maybe ride first before i spend money on it. Anyone else with advice or info?