F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Looking to buy an F4i...any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NCF4
Be careful. Anytime someone mentions stunt bike be weary. The headlight missing, and the plastic having been removed is a redflag for me. Its not hard to buy a instrument cluster off ebay or from a salvage yard that only reads 3500 miles.
Look for other signs of wear. Chain, sprockets, is there any play in the steering head?
Well this is the beauty of him having the plastics off. I'll be able to tell if this bike has been dropped and i'll be able to check the inside easily. We will be checking the sprockets for broken teeth, and i'll be checking the back tire for burnouts. I'm going to be doing a full check on the bike when i'm looking at it. I'm going to test ride up and down the street, going through each gear nice and slowly.

I need to find a cheap silver headlight assembly! Can anyone help me out with that? Looks like hes missing his because he sold it.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Liem
What do you mean by a SILVER headlight assembly? I'm pretty sure the headlight housing is black for all year F4is. Anyhow, I have a good condition OEM headlight assembly from a 2001 F4i that I'm pretty sure will fit.

I'll let it go for $100 shipped if your interested.......
Can anyone else confirm that his 2001 could fit my bike? I thought from 01-03 i think it is the bikes are not similar at all? If not I can call Suzuki and ask them I guess.

I'm extremely interested but we're not going to look at the bike till maybe tuesday or wednesday so can you hold the headlight now until I see the bike with my own eyes? If you PM me your email or phone number I'll be able to get a hold of you easier if I decide I like the bike and need the headlights. I'm an extremely trustworthy guy. I know it's the internet, but we're all friends on this forum.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:15 PM

Haha like I said I ride a GSXR right now. So used to saying Suzuki my bad. Okay thanks. I should know around wednesday if I need it. If I don't end up needing it i'm sure someone will.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:36 AM
July 2008 ROTM

All F4i headlights and front fairings are the same, minus the paint color.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:11 PM

So it looks like if nothing is wrong with this bike at all I can have a 3k miles 05 clean f4i for 2600 total. I'll switch my insurance to that bike, and register it. I could always sell it for like 3,500 or something near the end of summer if I don't like it(profit!!). I think i'm going to like it though

Old 12-14-2009, 12:57 PM

I'm getting my last two wisdom teeth pulled tommorow at 9:15AM
So i'm going hopefully wednesday to take a look at the bike. I swear if this guy has been lying about anything at all i'll kick his ***! jkjk

Anyways I got a question for you guys. The exhaust like I said is a muzzy. The weird thing is I checked Youtube and the pictures in this forum and almost NOBODY has muzzy on their CBRs. Seems to be mainly a ninja/gsxr thing. I've heard like one muzzy exhaust in my life. All of my friends and me have Yoshi/lazer/two bros. Is muzzy even that good of a sounding exhaust? Isn't it more of a deeper sound kinda like Vance Hines (makes me think of harle. yuck.) or is it still like a moto kinda sound high pitch?

If anyone knows of a nice Muzzy exhaust video post it! I can't seem to find anything nice at all to hear what is sounds like. If the muzzy exhaust sounds bad I might trade mine or buy a two bros/ if anyone is interested

If I want to sell the bike at the end of summer for like 4,000 will that be pretty easy to do? Ofcourse if the bike is in perfect conditon. I might sell it near the end of summer for like 4,000 as i will need money for college if anyone is interested!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:42 PM

Okay so i looked at the CBR F4i today.

The guy opened his garage...and there was the bike. The plastics were still off, but they were there in the garage.

The first thing I saw was...3 DENTS IN THE TANK. I'm just like WTF. The tail has a few bits of paint off. Looks like someone maybe backed it up into something. The dents arent huge. Maybe quarter sizes big. one of them tinier.

The exhaust is a brand new Muzzy, and the exhaust hole has been sealed properly with a muzzy thing for the winter. The bike start fine and runs beautifully and sounds nice. All of the digitals work. Obviously couldn't test the headlights. Oh here's the kicker. The turning signals were all removed. I guess they were aftermarket flush one and he sold them along with the headlights when he wanted to turn it into a stunt bike. He managed to forget to tell me that. He then said "stock are like 40 bucks for all 4".

Tires were in fine shape almost looked new. I was surprised and was expecting burn out signs on them. Sprockets were all good...So basically it's a working F4i with 3 dents in the tank and some paint off the back, and no turning signals. Looks like it was dropped on the side at one point while stationary and not riding. (all of the dents were on the right side of it). No other dmg could be seen on the bike...I thanked him for showing me and left.

The *** said like new no scrached or dings. I hate liars and it just makes me wonder what else could be wrong.

Can you even get dents out of a tank without it looking wierd on the other side?

Anyone want a running F4i for like 3,000? lol I'll pick it up for the 2,500 and sell it to you for 3000, because it looks like im staying away from it. It deff looks like it can be a killer deal and save you thousands if you want a F4I though!

Thoughts on it? I could always pick it up in the spring and work on it. It was blizzarding tonight it sucked. I might be able to talk him down to 2,200. I think it's possible..

Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Still sounds like a decent deal for $2,500. Just up to you if you want to live with some damage. Personally, I don't care. Chances are I'm gonna fall again someday, so why make it worse by having a 100% minty awesome bike to worry about every time I ride? Just some perspective for you.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:38 PM

If I was in your shoes, I'd be trying to chew him down to $2100-$2200 bucks, all the while giggling like a school girl when he ain't looking. that is a really good price for that bike if runs good.

The total damage your talking about could be fixed a piece at a time for fairly cheap. Or hell just wrap it and you'll never even notice. Here's a website for wrapping it. http://www.trackwraps.com/wraps.htm

Old 12-16-2009, 10:10 PM

I'm just afraid at the moment that there could be something wrong in the transmission. We have lots of snow at the moment. Way to much for him to let me test ride the bike. So who knows if all of the gear forks are in good condition.

I'll deff take the bike if i can get it down to 2200. That's what im shooting for. Also...about the dents in the tank. Is there a well known way to make dents look almost invisible? Anyone?

Those wraps look amazing and soooo cool. Do they work on Banana seat f4i? Does anyone have a picture of those on their bike? I didnt know they even existed.

And like i said if anyone is interested i will buy this bike for the 2200 or 2500 and sell it for any price higher if anyone is interested. I live in the NY area near Buffalo if anyone is looking for a cheap nice F4i )

Quick Reply: Looking to buy an F4i...any advice?