F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Limited Edition Cf Shorty Bootleg Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Limited Edition Cf Shorty Bootleg Pipe

ORIGINAL: Haggis

This is me right now.

better than USPS, then it would be: 'Just dropped off" all the way up til they handed it to you lol

Old 10-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I'll try to make this short. After some of you started receiving the exhausts from Bootleg, I decided to see if he would let me order from him again. In a true business-like fashion, he let me place my order for the exhaust again. I recieved an email from him the day after placing the order thanking me for my order. I received an email from him that same evening telling me my exhaust would ship the next day. The next afternoon I received an email from Tom giving me the tracking numbers for the shippment.

I applaud this sort of business dealing. THIS is top notch customer service. While I have never questioned the quality of the exhaust (since everyone has been raving about them) I have questioned the lack of communication. This time around, I could not have asked for better communication. I know it has to be very difficult for Tom. I'm sure he didn't expect his business to take off like this.

I received the exhaust today. Just finished putting it on after arriving home from work. It's too dark to take pics now...I'll get some tommorrow. The batter is disconnected right now so my ECU will reset. I'll fire it up in about 30 minutes.

I thought JMDaley was exagerating when he said the box actually felt like it was missing stuff. He was right. When I picked up the box off the porch I thought there was a second box somewhere. It is light as a feather. Weighs in at about 1.6 kilograms. It is absolutely beautiful. The craftsmanship is exquisite. This is one nice looking exhaust. Took about 25 minutes from the first fairing bolt being unscrewed till the last fairing bolt was back in. No issues whatsoever.

I would like to apologize publicly for having been so harsh about the communication thing. While I stand by what I have said previously, I am also realizing that it must be very tough on Tom's end and I really should have given him a bit of a break. I don't know what else I can say as far as that is concerned.

I have some buddies locally on F4i's...I will definitely be sending them Tom's way...

Old 10-31-2007, 07:11 PM

Glad everything worked out ..

AS far as the popping on decel.Its caused by the PAIR system(it introduces fresh air in the exhaust to help burn unused fuel) aka emissions ..Nothing to be concerned with.

A lot of my buddies think the exhaust looks great.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:43 PM

Ok...just got back from riding.

WOW is all I can say. Sounds absolutely amazing. There is some popping on decel...sounds really good though.

What exactly is a PAIR system?...I'm unsure how it allows fresh air to be introduced...

Old 10-31-2007, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: MotoGPFan26

Ok...just got back from riding.

WOW is all I can say. Sounds absolutely amazing. There is some popping on decel...sounds really good though.

What exactly is a PAIR system?...I'm unsure how it allows fresh air to be introduced...
The exhaust emission control system consists of a secondary air supply system which introduces filtered air into the exhaust gases in the exhaust port. Fresh air is drawn into the exhaust port whenever there is a negative pressure pulse in the exhaust system. This charge of fresh air promotes burning of the unburned exhaust gases and changes a considerable amount of hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide into relatively harmless carbon dioxide and water vapor. The PAIR system is controlled by the ECM using check valves and a solenoid.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Banned

Just got my bootleg cannon cf shorty today. Installed. Sounds great. Have a large hesitation at low end. Any Ideas? I have a k&n anda pcIII. The pc is set for a stock map. Could this be the issue?
Help.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

Just got my bootleg cannon cf shorty today. Installed. Sounds great. Have a large hesitation at low end. Any Ideas? I have a k&n anda pcIII. The pc is set for a stock map. Could this be the issue?
Help.
Bike needs a dyno tune or at least try a map for a slipon and filter...If i "jump" on mine at the right rpm mine bogs/ hesitates (but did it with the stock pipe just not as bad).

Taking my for a dyno tune in about a month.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned

After I put the pcIII on. It relieved the bog. Now it is back and as bad as ever. This is really bad. I will try different map, and the dyno tune unfortunately will have to wait. Low on the cash. Thanks for help white99gt

Old 11-02-2007, 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: USPS
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 29, 2007 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
Argh! It's been like that since the 29th! Hopefully it's just USPS tracking system licking ***** rather than Tom not having shipped it yet!

Old 11-02-2007, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Haggis

ORIGINAL: USPS
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 29, 2007 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
Argh! It's been like that since the 29th! Hopefully it's just USPS tracking system licking ***** rather than Tom not having shipped it yet!

usps tracking SUCKS...Mine didnt show moving till the day i actually got it..

Quick Reply: Limited Edition Cf Shorty Bootleg Pipe