F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

LED or Cathode eyes

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED or Cathode eyes

well i just read that awful thread and didnt care to reply to that one. i see on ebay this aac dudes cathodes as well as the led ones now. myself i have owned one of the finer vehicles in this world a bmw now you are asking yourself what the hell does that have to do with anything well. bmw marketed the angle eye. they were the first to my knowledge that made them now. woud bmw R&D department not look at other options for angle eyes other then led no they probably did and found taht led's are a better choice thus going for them. im sure that bmw would not stick an angle eye in there headlights that would compramise there quality of vehicle due to it is some of the best in the world. so for all that read this my vote is led just thought i would drop this bit of hindsight. i will be buying the led ones

Old 11-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Default RE: LED or Cathode eyes

To follow up on you, i did the led ones from the DIY on these forums about 4 months ago and the led itself didnt break it was the hard plastic ring that housed the led that ended up snaping in half.

Now this was a solid 1/2 inch piece of plastic and if that is going to break in the vibration of the bike than these cathode things are going to snap in about a week. Yeah sure silicone will suppress some of the vibration but not those occasional pot holes or sewer lids that everyone try's so hard to avoid. If I was anybody thinking about buying the cathodes i would definetly make sure these have a warranty otherwise it doesn't matter if there $80 or $40, there glass, and there gonna break.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: rancidf4i

To follow up on you, i did the led ones from the DIY on these forums about 4 months ago and the led itself didnt break it was the hard plastic ring that housed the led that ended up snaping in half.

Now this was a solid 1/2 inch piece of plastic and if that is going to break in the vibration of the bike than these cathode things are going to snap in about a week. Yeah sure silicone will suppress some of the vibration but not those occasional pot holes or sewer lids that everyone try's so hard to avoid. If I was anybody thinking about buying the cathodes i would definetly make sure these have a warranty otherwise it doesn't matter if there $80 or $40, there glass, and there gonna break.
give them a week of stand up wheelies or sit down wheelies and the cathodes with be smashe and cracked.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:48 AM

Angel~An angel is a supernatural being found in many religions. In scripture, they typically act as messengers, as held by the three prominent monotheistic faiths, Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

Angle~is the figure formed by two rays sharing a common endpoint, called the vertex of the angle. Angles provide a means of expressing the difference in slope between two rays meeting at a vertex without the need to explicitly define the slopes of the two rays. Angles are studied in geometry and trigonometry.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: XcesiveSlyd

Angel~An angel is a supernatural being found in many religions. In scripture, they typically act as messengers, as held by the three prominent monotheistic faiths, Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

Angle~is the figure formed by two rays sharing a common endpoint, called the vertex of the angle. Angles provide a means of expressing the difference in slope between two rays meeting at a vertex without the need to explicitly define the slopes of the two rays. Angles are studied in geometry and trigonometry.
Wow, your just too smart for us idiots on these boards...

Old 11-14-2006, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Fly5150

ORIGINAL: XcesiveSlyd

Wow, your just too smart for us idiots on these boards...

+1

Old 11-14-2006, 06:54 PM

Honestly if your looking for strength and durability.. LED is your best bet hands down! Ill have to see the cathodes when i get em and see how they last and work. But ive used and made led kits before.

Old 11-15-2006, 03:33 AM

yes but the point i am trying to stress is a multi billion dollar car company with if not the best rep for building durable high performance cars wont run cathodes and there is a reason for that so im just waiting for that aac or what ever his name is to tell me why they didn't use them and why they should have. haha lol