F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

k&n air filter.... sigh and valve thingy mod. :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default k&n air filter.... sigh and valve thingy mod. :)

ok well since I am painting my bike...

That valve mod claims 3 rwhp. the valve under the airbox. Anyone have proof it works?

also i noticed the air filter says "this side up" and it was down...... after i wash it and recharge it(its not bad now but might as well...) .......and put it in correctly will i notice any difference with it in the right way? i dont see how the airflow is directional....? Thanks!

Old 04-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: k&n air filter.... sigh and valve thingy mod. :)

If you are refering to the "flapper mod" I do not think that the 600 has this.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:22 AM

This one.

The pair reed valve introduces fresh filtered air into the exhaust ports to allow for a more complete combustion of fuel. It is located behind the center triple tree nut in the crook of the frame. Lift the fuel tank to access it. You can either pull the pair reed valve completely and replace it with a T or leave the valve in place and use it . ( I prefer the replacement method because it takes the electrical connector, which keeps the valve closed at start up, out of the loop. Although, I left the original valve in place at first and replaced it with a plumbing T a month later and noticed no difference in performance.) There are an electrical connector and three hoses. Two of these hoses go straight down to the engine valve cover and the third goes from the PRV to the air box. There is one other hose by itself and not connected to the PRV that goes from the engine valve cover to the airbox. this is the Positive Crankcase Ventilation hose. Pull this PCV hose out completely and plug the hole in the airbox. Now, the third hose from the PRV to the airbox is disconnected from the airbox end (plug the hole in the airbox) and reconnected to PCV port where the fourth hose was removed from. One more time condensed; Leave the two hoses going from the PRV down to the engine valve cover alone. Remove the PCV hose. Pull the hose going from the PRV to the air box off of the air box and re-route it to the PCV port. The hose that was going from the PCV to the air box is removed completely. This creates a crankcase scavenging system like on dragbikes and dragsters. You remember seeing hoses on dragsters going from the valve covers to the headers? Dynoed four times throughout one neutral weather day, created 3 RWHP.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:18 PM

Has anyone tried this?